Can I modify the "document to html" function

  • Doug Offen
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21, 2005
      Is it possible to modify the code for the "document to html" function?

      I can make changes after the conversion, but can I make changes in the
      code file so the appearance of the output html shows my own design
      preferences?

      Where is the conversion file located if I can make changes?

      Thanks

      Doug Offen

      P.S. I had inadvertently posted this in the Notetab general forum. I
      have deleted it from there. Maybe it is better suited to the clips forum.
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 21, 2005
        Doug Offen wrote:
        >Is it possible to modify the code for the "document to html" function?

        I think it's hardcoded in Notetab. Jody has some clips that converts
        outlines to HTML. Maybe you can modify them to do what you want.

        Scroll down to "Outline Stuff".
        <http://notetab.net/html/library.htm>

        Lotta
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 21, 2005
          Doug Offen wrote:
          > Is it possible to modify the code for the "document to html" function?
          >
          > I can make changes after the conversion, but can I make changes in the
          > code file so the appearance of the output html shows my own design
          > preferences?
          >
          > Where is the conversion file located if I can make changes?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Doug Offen
          >
          > P.S. I had inadvertently posted this in the Notetab general forum. I
          > have deleted it from there. Maybe it is better suited to the clips forum.

          maybe in the html list would be even better?
          There is the make new html page that is based off of a template, but
          that is all I am aware of being able to change.
          You could probably write a clip to clean up the converted file however?
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 21, 2005
            Hi Doug, Don, Lotta, & Others,

            >>Is it possible to modify the code for the "document to html" function?
            >
            >I think it's hardcoded in Notetab. Jody has some clips that converts
            >outlines to HTML. Maybe you can modify them to do what you want.

            To some degree you can modify the header/footer. Look in View | Options
            | Internet and the HTML Headers/Footers fields. Be careful about the
            ^* and ^& because they are special code that have to be there for
            NoteTab to do its thing. I do not know what effect it will have on the
            Outline to HTML coding.

            >Scroll down to "Outline Stuff".
            ><http://notetab.net/html/library.htm>

            http://www.notetab.net/zip/outline.zip (I think) <g>

            http://www.notetab.net
            http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail
            Fookes Software Yahoogroups:
            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
          • Doug Offen
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 22, 2005
              Thanks Jody, Don, Lotta, & Others,

              I have been messing around with the suggestions. Thanks for the ideas.

              > >>Is it possible to modify the code for the "document to html"
              function?

              > >I think it's hardcoded in Notetab. Jody has some clips that
              converts
              > >outlines to HTML. Maybe you can modify them to do what you want.

              I have been playing with Jody's outline clips and getting some mixed,
              but interesting results. I'm a hunt and peck keyboarder and a copy and
              paste coder so it takes me a while to figure out some of the procedures.

              > To some degree you can modify the header/footer. Look in View |
              > | Internet and the HTML Headers/Footers fields. Be careful about the
              > ^* and ^& because they are special code that have to be there for
              > NoteTab to do its thing.

              I have changed the code to include a centered table to enclose the
              converted to html coding. It works well.

              >I do not know what effect it will have on the
              > Outline to HTML coding.

              The new settings in view options internet don't work with outlines to
              html

              Thanks again for the tips and I think I am headed in the right
              direction by switching the topic to the clips group. My clips really
              suck but some of them save me a lot of time and fiddling.

              Doug Offen