Re: [NH] font problem with IE and Netscape

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2005
      Different browsers render fonts differently. If it's NN 4 your worried
      about (I still do!), you can set one size for NN 4 then set another one
      for all other browsers like this:

      #content
      {
      font-size: 150%;
      }
      /*/*/ #content
      {
      font-size: 120%;
      } /* */

      The best tut I've found on getting font sizes to work cross browser can
      be found here -
      http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/font/index.html#screens
      If you follow those suggestions you will be pretty successful at
      getting most all your font sizes to work across browers and at all text
      sizes.

      Hope that helps.

      sisterscape

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2005
        ofdddd wrote:
        >I am using the same stylesheet for a web site, but font size appears
        >differently in current versions of IE and Netscape.
        >The relevant style follows:
        >#content
        >{
        >font-size: 150%;
        >}
        >Why would my text be rendered larger in IE than Netscape?
        >Any help will be appreciated.

        Maybe you use different text size in the two browsers?

        If that's not it, which versions of the two browsers? How does the HTML
        look? Is #content in a table by any chance? Netscape 4 doesn't inherit
        font-size into tables. Neither does modern IE and Moz if they are in quirks
        mode. That said, percent is the only unit for font-size that AFAIK is
        bug-free in all modern browsers so there is no reason it shouldn't be
        possible to get a consistent look. Nuff guessing. ;-)