Embeding Video

  • R Shapp
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2005
      Hi All,

      Please tell me what I am doing incorrectly in the sample web page below. My
      intention is for the web page to play a video when it is opened. The video is
      in a file called "interview.rm", and it is in Real Media format.

      Of course, once I get the HTML working, I will upload the web page and the
      video file to my website. Currently, the web page and the video file are
      stored on my local PC.

      To test this code, I was successful in getting an audio file to play. The
      relevant code for the audio experiment follows:

      <object data="c:audio1.wav" type="audio/basic">[sample audio]</object>

      When the page opens, Windows Media Player begins playing the audio1.wav file
      with no special intervention by me. IOW, the file autoplays.

      In the example below, I substituted the name of the video file in place of the
      audio file in the Object element, but the video does not play. Instead, the
      "[sample video]" message appears. On my PC, .RM files are associated with
      RealPlayer (32) version 10.0. If I navigate to the video file and
      double-click on it, the video plays normally.

      Thanks for the help.

      Ray Shapp

      *********sample web page********

      "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
      <head>
      <title>title</title>
      <link rev="made" her="mailto:no_place">
      </head>

      alink="#FF0000">

      <h1>title</h1>

      <object data="c:interview.rm" type="VIDEO/REALMEDIA">[sample video]</object>

      <hr>
    • Hugo Paulissen
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2005
        > Please tell me what I am doing incorrectly in the sample web page
        below. My
        > intention is for the web page to play a video when it is opened. The
        video is
        > in a file called "interview.rm", and it is in Real Media format.

        Hi Ray,

        I am not familiar with real video but it looks as if you can find your
        on this page...

        http://www.w3schools.com/media/media_realvideo.asp

        Hugo