Re: [NH] Site Icon, flavicon.ico

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2005
      Hi Jason ,

      >> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="aid4mail.css">
      >> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">
      >
      >Jody,
      >
      >If you name it favicon.ico and put it in the root of your site, then
      >you should not need to specifically hard-code the location into your
      >pages. Keep in mind that IE sometimes will show the icon and sometimes
      >won't.

      Thanks! I saw it work in FireFox. What gets me is both sites are at the
      same server, but only on of the sites shows the favicon on all of its
      pages, but the other does not show ant. I triple checked my code.

      <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="aid4mail.css">
      <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">

      The icon is definitely in the root with the index.htm Oh, well, as long
      as I know it is coded correctly.

      http://www.notetab.net
      http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail
      Fookes Software Yahoogroups:
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9, 2005
        Hi Bert

        >> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="aid4mail.css">
        >> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">
        >
        >No. The "favicon.ico" file has to be in the primary folder of the site,
        >where something like the "index.htm" (etc) is, that's all. It has to be
        >16x16, too. But the rest is up to the browser and other programs
        >that read web pages. "Robots.txt" goes in that folder, too, and if you
        >don't know what that is, just ask Google.

        Thanks; I saw my ico as 16x16 and thought, alright! But, still a no-go.
        It does work in FireFox though.

        Ah, restarted NetCaptor and it now works! :) Thanks; must have been the
        18x18 needed to be 16x16.

        Happy Camper,
        jody

        A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:
        but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

        See ya in the funnies! ;)
        http://www.clean-funnies.com