Re: [NH] non SGML errors . . . [mystery solved]

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 4, 2005
      Until this ordeal, I'd never given a second thought to line endings and
      OS compaibility. So much to learn . . . At least the site is
      validating now so I can start thinking about putting the rest of it
      together. Cheers. Sister

      --- Jody <kjv-av1611@...> wrote:

      > Hi loro & sisterscape,
      >
      > >The document now contains a mix of Windows CR/LF and Unix LF.
      > >http://snipurl.com/fd0f
      > >That shouldn't be a problem, I think. And it isn't.
      > >http://snipurl.com/fd0i
      >
      > If it is, see my previous message with the different settings for
      > saving formats. It should correct the mixed line ending issue.
      > You might use the fix line ending features, then save as the
      > format you want. Note, some FTP clients, servers, programs, etc.
      > are what corrupts the line endings.
      >

      > Happy HTML'n!
      > Jody
      >
      > http://www.notetab.net
      > http://www.clean-funnies.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 11, 2005
        Just for reference here's a follow-up. . .

        The Mac server admin did a little research and tweaking and upgraded
        his ftp server in the process. But the files were still doing weird -
        but different - things. He posted on a Mac list, as was told that if I
        upload in binary, the line breaks should remain intact. That so goes
        against instinct but it seems to work. The UNIX line breaks are
        undisturbed ftping either way and the validator isn't choking anymore.
        Go figure . . .

        sisterscape

        Discover Yahoo!
        http://discover.yahoo.com/