Re: [NH] non SGML errors . . . [mystery solved]

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 4, 2005
      Thanks to both Jody and Lotta for your expertise and generosity in
      sharing. I've learned a lot in the process.

      The info below is very useful as are the links to
      http://www.rexswain.com/ You (and NoteTab) are the best!

      Sister

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 4, 2005
        Until this ordeal, I'd never given a second thought to line endings and
        OS compaibility. So much to learn . . . At least the site is
        validating now so I can start thinking about putting the rest of it
        together. Cheers. Sister

        --- Jody <kjv-av1611@...> wrote:

        > Hi loro & sisterscape,
        >
        > >The document now contains a mix of Windows CR/LF and Unix LF.
        > >http://snipurl.com/fd0f
        > >That shouldn't be a problem, I think. And it isn't.
        > >http://snipurl.com/fd0i
        >
        > If it is, see my previous message with the different settings for
        > saving formats. It should correct the mixed line ending issue.
        > You might use the fix line ending features, then save as the
        > format you want. Note, some FTP clients, servers, programs, etc.
        > are what corrupts the line endings.
        >

        > Happy HTML'n!
        > Jody
        >
        > http://www.notetab.net
        > http://www.clean-funnies.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • sisterscape
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 11, 2005
          Just for reference here's a follow-up. . .

          The Mac server admin did a little research and tweaking and upgraded
          his ftp server in the process. But the files were still doing weird -
          but different - things. He posted on a Mac list, as was told that if I
          upload in binary, the line breaks should remain intact. That so goes
          against instinct but it seems to work. The UNIX line breaks are
          undisturbed ftping either way and the validator isn't choking anymore.
          Go figure . . .

          sisterscape

          Discover Yahoo!
          http://discover.yahoo.com/