NoteTab on Mac - WAS - Re: [NH] Digest Number 900

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 3 , May 12, 2005
      Paul,

      If you are using Mac OS X, you can use WINE to run Windows programs,
      since OS X is a BSD based Unix-like OS. WINE is free and open source at:

      http://www.winehq.com/

      You can also use VirtualPC (c. $130) with older Mac OSes, in addition to
      OS X.

      I saw this article today on Newsforge about a new product for Mac -
      Guest PC (c. $70), it is cheaper than VirtualPC:

      http://newsvac.newsforge.com/newsvac/05/05/12/1444231.shtml

      I do not have a Mac, but do run NoteTab on Linux, as do a few others.

      Here is a link to my testing of NoteTab on Linux, a work in progress:

      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/notetab/NoteTabLinuxAnalysis.php

      Larry Hamilton
      Kairos Computer Solutions
      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
      Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 2005
        Hi Larry, Paul, Others,

        All Fookes Software will run on a MAC via Virtual PC and some
        other Windows emulators. All except for Aid4Mail:
        http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail which will not run on a MAC with or
        without an emulator.

        http://www.notetab.net
        http://www.clean-funnies.com