Re: [NH] Digest Number 900

  • Paul Geiger
    Message 1 of 3 , May 12 11:09 AM
      Yeah. I sure wish I could have NTP for the Mac!!
      :PG

      On May 11, 2005, at 1:20 PM, ntb-html@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Opening for Edit in FireFox
      From: R Shapp <ras45@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:45:08 -0400
      From: R Shapp <ras45@...>
      Subject: Re: Opening for Edit in FireFox

      Hi Marcello, Rudi and Alec,

      Thanks for the replies. For some reason, using the File > Open File...
      menu
      item didn't work the other day when I tried it. Following your
      suggestions,
      however, Drag and Drop worked fine. BTW, I had to checkmark "Allow
      websites
      to install software". I did so to allow the installation of the XPI
      file,
      then I un-checkmarked the option as a security precaution.

      Thank you for your help. I can now more easily edit HTML code in NTP,
      my
      favorite application.

      Ray Shapp

      CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free:
      http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12 12:18 PM
        Paul,

        If you are using Mac OS X, you can use WINE to run Windows programs,
        since OS X is a BSD based Unix-like OS. WINE is free and open source at:

        http://www.winehq.com/

        You can also use VirtualPC (c. $130) with older Mac OSes, in addition to
        OS X.

        I saw this article today on Newsforge about a new product for Mac -
        Guest PC (c. $70), it is cheaper than VirtualPC:

        http://newsvac.newsforge.com/newsvac/05/05/12/1444231.shtml

        I do not have a Mac, but do run NoteTab on Linux, as do a few others.

        Here is a link to my testing of NoteTab on Linux, a work in progress:

        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/notetab/NoteTabLinuxAnalysis.php

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
        Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

        Message 3 of 3 , May 12 1:03 PM
          Hi Larry, Paul, Others,

          All Fookes Software will run on a MAC via Virtual PC and some
          other Windows emulators. All except for Aid4Mail:
          http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail which will not run on a MAC with or
          without an emulator.

          http://www.notetab.net
          http://www.clean-funnies.com