Re: [NH] Opening for Edit in FireFox

  • Rudolf Horbas
    Message 1 of 12 , May 9, 2005
      Hi Ray,

      > How do I install the extension?

      Drag & drop the xpi file onto the firefox window, confirm the install
      dialog and restart Firefox -- done.

      HTH,
      Rudi
    • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
      Message 2 of 12 , May 9, 2005
        On 9/5/2005 19:15, R Shapp invited the wrath of the gods by saying:

        >Hi Fay and Rudi,
        >
        >Thanks, Fay, for asking the original question about viewing HTML code in
        >NoteTab when using FireFox. I want to do the same thing. Using Rudi's
        >suggestion, I downloaded the viewsourcewith-0.0.6.xpi extension, but now I
        >need to know how to load it into FireFox. Help mentions an "install link" on
        >the Mozilla Update site, but it is silent about installing an extension
        >downloaded from some other place (BTW, JavaScript is NOT disabled).
        >
        >How do I install the extension?

        Try dragging & dropping the XPI file on the Firefox window. Usually
        works for me.

        MCBastos

        -=-=-
        ... If you can't make it good, make it big.
        * TagZilla 0.057
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 12 , May 9, 2005
          Ray:

          If you clicked on the link to install directly it will do so unless you've
          downloaded from a previously unused location - if so you'll get a chance to
          accept that location.

          If you've downloaded it to your harddisk (it sounds like you have) either
          use File-Open file (shortcut Ctrl+O) or drag and drop from Windows Explorer
          onto the Firefox window.

          Regards ... Alec
          --
          ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

          > Thanks, Fay, for asking the original question about
          > viewing HTML code in
          > NoteTab when using FireFox. I want to do the same thing.
          > Using Rudi's
          > suggestion, I downloaded the viewsourcewith-0.0.6.xpi
          > extension, but now I
          > need to know how to load it into FireFox. Help mentions
          > an "install link" on
          > the Mozilla Update site, but it is silent about
          > installing an extension
          > downloaded from some other place (BTW, JavaScript is NOT
          > disabled).
          >
          > How do I install the extension?
          >
          > Thanks for the help.
          >
          > Ray Shapp
          >

          > CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free:

        • R Shapp
          Message 4 of 12 , May 10, 2005
            Hi Marcello, Rudi and Alec,

            Thanks for the replies. For some reason, using the File > Open File... menu
            item didn't work the other day when I tried it. Following your suggestions,
            however, Drag and Drop worked fine. BTW, I had to checkmark "Allow websites
            to install software". I did so to allow the installation of the XPI file,
            then I un-checkmarked the option as a security precaution.

            Thank you for your help. I can now more easily edit HTML code in NTP, my
            favorite application.

            Ray Shapp