Re: [NH] Opening for Edit in FireFox

  • R Shapp
    Message 1 of 12 , May 9, 2005
      Hi Fay and Rudi,

      Thanks, Fay, for asking the original question about viewing HTML code in
      NoteTab when using FireFox. I want to do the same thing. Using Rudi's
      suggestion, I downloaded the viewsourcewith-0.0.6.xpi extension, but now I
      need to know how to load it into FireFox. Help mentions an "install link" on
      the Mozilla Update site, but it is silent about installing an extension
      downloaded from some other place (BTW, JavaScript is NOT disabled).

      How do I install the extension?

      Thanks for the help.

      Ray Shapp
    • Rudolf Horbas
      Message 2 of 12 , May 9, 2005
        Hi Ray,

        > How do I install the extension?

        Drag & drop the xpi file onto the firefox window, confirm the install
        dialog and restart Firefox -- done.

        HTH,
        Rudi
      • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
        Message 3 of 12 , May 9, 2005
          On 9/5/2005 19:15, R Shapp invited the wrath of the gods by saying:

          >Hi Fay and Rudi,
          >
          >Thanks, Fay, for asking the original question about viewing HTML code in
          >NoteTab when using FireFox. I want to do the same thing. Using Rudi's
          >suggestion, I downloaded the viewsourcewith-0.0.6.xpi extension, but now I
          >need to know how to load it into FireFox. Help mentions an "install link" on
          >the Mozilla Update site, but it is silent about installing an extension
          >downloaded from some other place (BTW, JavaScript is NOT disabled).
          >
          >How do I install the extension?

          Try dragging & dropping the XPI file on the Firefox window. Usually
          works for me.

          MCBastos

          -=-=-
          ... If you can't make it good, make it big.
          * TagZilla 0.057
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 12 , May 9, 2005
            Ray:

            If you clicked on the link to install directly it will do so unless you've
            downloaded from a previously unused location - if so you'll get a chance to
            accept that location.

            If you've downloaded it to your harddisk (it sounds like you have) either
            use File-Open file (shortcut Ctrl+O) or drag and drop from Windows Explorer
            onto the Firefox window.

            Regards ... Alec
            --
            ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

            > Thanks, Fay, for asking the original question about
            > viewing HTML code in
            > NoteTab when using FireFox. I want to do the same thing.
            > Using Rudi's
            > suggestion, I downloaded the viewsourcewith-0.0.6.xpi
            > extension, but now I
            > need to know how to load it into FireFox. Help mentions
            > an "install link" on
            > the Mozilla Update site, but it is silent about
            > installing an extension
            > downloaded from some other place (BTW, JavaScript is NOT
            > disabled).
            >
            > How do I install the extension?
            >
            > Thanks for the help.
            >
            > Ray Shapp
            >

            > CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free:

          • R Shapp
            Message 5 of 12 , May 10, 2005
              Hi Marcello, Rudi and Alec,

              Thanks for the replies. For some reason, using the File > Open File... menu
              item didn't work the other day when I tried it. Following your suggestions,
              however, Drag and Drop worked fine. BTW, I had to checkmark "Allow websites
              to install software". I did so to allow the installation of the XPI file,
              then I un-checkmarked the option as a security precaution.

              Thank you for your help. I can now more easily edit HTML code in NTP, my
              favorite application.

              Ray Shapp