Re: [NH] Opening for Edit in FireFox

  • Fay
    Message 1 of 12 , May 4 1:33 AM
      > * Open the page "about:config"
      > * Filter for "cache"
      > * double click on "browser.cache.check_doc_frequency"
      > * change integer value to 1 (if not already 1)
      >
      > Values:
      > 0 - check once per session
      > 1 - check everytime the page is loadedSeite (empfehlenswert)
      > 2 - don't check
      > 3 - automatic (whatever that means)
      >
      > HTH,
      > Rudi

      It certainly does help, and I'm grateful. FF's a much nicer browser in lots
      of ways--security aside--and it's great that I'll be able to use it for
      browsing, rather than just to see how my code should be rendered. IE says
      that things are right when they're not, which is of NO help to beginners.

      Fay
    • R Shapp
      Message 2 of 12 , May 9 3:15 PM
        Hi Fay and Rudi,

        Thanks, Fay, for asking the original question about viewing HTML code in
        NoteTab when using FireFox. I want to do the same thing. Using Rudi's
        suggestion, I downloaded the viewsourcewith-0.0.6.xpi extension, but now I
        need to know how to load it into FireFox. Help mentions an "install link" on
        the Mozilla Update site, but it is silent about installing an extension
        downloaded from some other place (BTW, JavaScript is NOT disabled).

        How do I install the extension?

        Thanks for the help.

        Ray Shapp
      • Rudolf Horbas
        Message 3 of 12 , May 9 3:28 PM
          Hi Ray,

          > How do I install the extension?

          Drag & drop the xpi file onto the firefox window, confirm the install
          dialog and restart Firefox -- done.

          HTH,
          Rudi
        • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
          Message 4 of 12 , May 9 3:31 PM
            On 9/5/2005 19:15, R Shapp invited the wrath of the gods by saying:

            >Hi Fay and Rudi,
            >
            >Thanks, Fay, for asking the original question about viewing HTML code in
            >NoteTab when using FireFox. I want to do the same thing. Using Rudi's
            >suggestion, I downloaded the viewsourcewith-0.0.6.xpi extension, but now I
            >need to know how to load it into FireFox. Help mentions an "install link" on
            >the Mozilla Update site, but it is silent about installing an extension
            >downloaded from some other place (BTW, JavaScript is NOT disabled).
            >
            >How do I install the extension?

            Try dragging & dropping the XPI file on the Firefox window. Usually
            works for me.

            MCBastos

            -=-=-
            ... If you can't make it good, make it big.
            * TagZilla 0.057
          • Alec Burgess
            Message 5 of 12 , May 9 4:02 PM
              Ray:

              If you clicked on the link to install directly it will do so unless you've
              downloaded from a previously unused location - if so you'll get a chance to
              accept that location.

              If you've downloaded it to your harddisk (it sounds like you have) either
              use File-Open file (shortcut Ctrl+O) or drag and drop from Windows Explorer
              onto the Firefox window.

              Regards ... Alec
              --
              ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

              > Thanks, Fay, for asking the original question about
              > viewing HTML code in
              > NoteTab when using FireFox. I want to do the same thing.
              > Using Rudi's
              > suggestion, I downloaded the viewsourcewith-0.0.6.xpi
              > extension, but now I
              > need to know how to load it into FireFox. Help mentions
              > an "install link" on
              > the Mozilla Update site, but it is silent about
              > installing an extension
              > downloaded from some other place (BTW, JavaScript is NOT
              > disabled).
              >
              > How do I install the extension?
              >
              > Thanks for the help.
              >
              > Ray Shapp
              >

              > CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free:

            • R Shapp
              Message 6 of 12 , May 10 7:45 PM
                Hi Marcello, Rudi and Alec,

                Thanks for the replies. For some reason, using the File > Open File... menu
                item didn't work the other day when I tried it. Following your suggestions,
                however, Drag and Drop worked fine. BTW, I had to checkmark "Allow websites
                to install software". I did so to allow the installation of the XPI file,
                then I un-checkmarked the option as a security precaution.

                Thank you for your help. I can now more easily edit HTML code in NTP, my
                favorite application.

                Ray Shapp