Tidy HTML - batch processing

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2005
      Greetings,

      Can anyone tell me how to batch process files in Tidy HTML.

      I also need help setting up a config file to help with the content of the
      .err files.

      One thing I would like to change in Tidy: It strips out "extra" ^p between
      paragraphs.
      I like to have the paragraphs separated by white space because it makes
      editing easier.

      Thanks,
      -Mike
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2005
        Hi Mike,

        > I also need help setting up a config file to help with the
        > content of the.err files.
        >
        > One thing I would like to change in Tidy: It strips out "extra"
        > ^p between paragraphs. I like to have the paragraphs separated
        > by white space because it makes editing easier.

        I cannot help with those, sorry...

        >Can anyone tell me how to batch process files in Tidy HTML.

        No, but my DirStuff has a Clip that I think works <g> that will
        do a whole directory of HTML files using Tidy. If you have tons
        of files, you might think about making a folder to do smaller
        amounts at a time for resource issues. Definitely work with a
        copy of the directory. I would not attempt it without good
        backups!!! Look about halfway down in DirStuff under Website
        Cleanup.

        I have a number of Clips that work with directories in my
        DirStuff. You'll find some that you can modify to do what you
        want. Look for ones that use ^$GetFiles instead of the ones with
        the older method using ^$GetFileFirst/^$GetFileNext although those
        still have good use for some purposes. Try right clicking over the
        Library combobox and choose "Open as Document" and then do a Find
        for ^$GetFiles. They'll use ^!SetArray.

        NoteTabbers Assistant Library Page
        http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm
        Direct download for DirStuff
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/dirstuff.zip

        Need to convert eMail to another eMail program? Fookes Software's
        new Aid4Mail might just be the tool you are looking for!
        Aid4Mail Std, Pro, and Enterprise:
        http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail

        Affiliate links for Fookes Software, thanks! :)
        Fookes Software Home
        NoteTab Home
        http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=notetab
        Buy Fookes Software Now!