Re: [NH] URI Vs. URL

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 14, 2005
      Looking for something else I just stumbled on this explanation. I thought
      it was funny.

      "URL or URI?
      Although most Web authors are familiar with the acronym URL, which stands
      for uniform resource locator, the term URI isn't as common. URI stands for
      uniform resource identifier. The primary difference is that whereas a URL
      must point to a resource on the Web, a URI does not have this restriction.
      However, URIs must be unique. An analogy would be the word "heaven." It may
      or may not have a physical location, but either way it describes a unique
      concept."
      http://www.ericmeyeroncss.com/bonus/render-mode.html