Re: [NH] FireFox Equivalent to Which version of Netscape

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14, 2005
      R Shapp wrote:
      >Does Firefox render web pages exactly the same as Netscape? The answer
      >probably depends on which version of Netscape is being used.

      If your copies of Netscape, Firefox and Mozilla are built on the same Gecko
      version they should render pages the same. I don't know, but I don't think
      there is a Netscape version based on the same Gecko as Firefox 1.0. But
      maybe there is. I just get the Mozzies.

      You can see the Gecko version on the Help | About screen and also in the UA
      string.

      Mozilla 1.7.5
      Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041217

      Lotta
    • R Shapp
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
        Hi Greg,

        I visited the two sites mentioned in your posting.

        The menu in http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/ is very appealing. Would you
        please show me the relevant style definitions that permit your menu to act
        like a segmented map? IOW, the words "HOME", WHAT'S NEW", etc. don't run all
        together, and they display alternate background when the cursor hovers over
        them.

        A copy of the HTML is included below so others can follow.

        I hope you get plenty of opportunity to enjoy your SeaHawk!

        Thank you for the help.

        Ray Shapp

        *********html snippet*********

        <DIV class="menu">
        <DIV class="button">
        <A class="leftbutton" href="index.htm">HOME</A><A
        href="whatsnew.htm">WHAT'S NEW</A><A href="albums.htm">PHOTO ALBUMS</A><A
        href="history/index.htm">HISTORY</A><A
        href="memories/index.htm">MEMORIES</A><A href="feedback.htm">FEEDBACK</A>
        </DIV>
        </DIV>
      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 18, 2005
          Hi Ray,

          > The menu in http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/ is very
          > appealing. Would you
          > please show me the relevant style definitions that permit your menu to act
          > like a segmented map? IOW, the words "HOME", WHAT'S NEW", etc.
          > don't run all together, and they display alternate background when the
          > cursor hovers over them.

          You'll see from the line:

          <LINK rel="stylesheet" href="eastwalton.css" type="text/css">

          that the css file in in the same folder as the index.htm file, so you could
          just enter http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/eastwalton.css into the
          address bar of your browser and it should be downloaded for you. (In my
          case TopStyle opens and displays it, as it is the program I use for editing
          my CSS files.)

          As you've seen the site, it should also be hanging about in the folder:

          Documents and Settings\{UserName}\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

          and you could open it from there.

          > A copy of the HTML is included below so others can follow.

          > *********html snippet*********
          >
          > <DIV class="menu">
          > <DIV class="button">
          > <A class="leftbutton" href="index.htm">HOME</A><A
          > href="whatsnew.htm">WHAT'S NEW</A><A href="albums.htm">PHOTO ALBUMS</A><A
          > href="history/index.htm">HISTORY</A><A
          > href="memories/index.htm">MEMORIES</A><A href="feedback.htm">FEEDBACK</A>
          > </DIV>
          > </DIV>

          CSS snippet*****************

          .button a:link {
          background-color : #0066FF;
          border-right : 1px solid #0000FF;
          color : #FFFFFF;
          padding : 2px 20px;
          text-decoration : none;
          }

          .button a:visited {
          background-color : #0066FF;
          border-right : 1px solid #0000FF;
          color : #FFFFFF;
          padding : 2px 20px;
          text-decoration : none;
          }

          .button a:hover {
          background-color : #00FFFF;
          color : #000000;
          }

          .leftbutton {
          border-left : 1px solid #0000FF;
          }

          .menu {
          background-color : #0066FF;
          border : 1px solid #0000FF;
          color : #000000;
          font-family : Arial, sans-serif;
          font-size : .7em;
          font-weight : bold;
          padding : 2px 20px;
          }

          > I hope you get plenty of opportunity to enjoy your SeaHawk!

          Thanks! It's almost thirty years old. I only bought it last year and its
          now due a serious overhaul before too much of the season is lost! A
          neighbour is currently doing some welding work on the trailer. I then have
          to remove all the fittings before stripping all the paint to prepare both
          hull and superstructure for re-painting. Whoever said boating was fun! :-)

          Greg Chapman
          http://www.seahawk17.plus.com
          Celebrating the SeaHawk!