[NH] Re: printing/style sheets

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1 3:14 AM
      Hi Chris, please use Linebreaks after about 70 Lines.

      You can take Notetab and set it up with a wordwrap of 70 chars and write in
      there. Finally mark everything and press ctrl-shift-j or use modify ->
      lines -> split lines. When you are in the webbrowser in a textfield you can
      mark everything and then press ctrl-c to copy it to the clipboard and in
      notetab ctrl-v to paste

      With notetab pro you can get this ugly thing

      > 'For example, the most common comment about this document was that it is difficult to print. I therefore made a single page version of the whole thing with a few scripts... The scripts were just bits of "sed", which I am not supporting. I have put rules in at the top and bottom of each page and the scripts use these to chop off bits which are not needed in the printed copy...'

      into this nice formatted text:
      >'For example, the most common comment about this document was
      >that it is difficult to print. I therefore made a single page
      >version of the whole thing with a few scripts... The scripts were
      >just bits of "sed", which I am not supporting. I have put rules
      >in at the top and bottom of each page and the scripts use these
      >to chop off bits which are not needed in the printed copy...'

      How? I have marked your text (ctrl-a), copied it (ctrl-c), changed to
      notetab (with alt-tab), opened a new docoment (ctrl-n), pasted the text
      (ctrl-v), marked it (ctrl-a), pressed ctrl-shift-m for a reformat.

      But to come back to your question: sed is a unixbased tool for search an
      teplace. you might consider using a clip to save you hugefile and then
      split it into little files.

      Nicole

      --
      »So, you're searching for alien life forms? Don't you meet
      enough strange people in discussion lists like this one? ;o)«

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html
    • Grant
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1 11:16 PM
        > written only in straight HTML. I began (and ended up with
        > Notetab!) by using Joe Barta's HTML Tutorial - do you know of any
        > similar help with style sheets?

        There is heaps of stuff out there but Stephanos Piperoglou's

        http://www.webreference.com/html/tutorials/

        gets my vote as the best html/css tutorials site.
        Also Eric Meyer's stuff on the webreview site is worth a look at

        http://webreview.com/wr/pub/1999/06/25/style/index.html

        And of course as Jody mentioned you will need to have the W3C standard

        http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-19980512/css2.zip

        Which contains " A brief CSS2 tutorial for HTML"

        > This is one of the reasons I have stuck to the still common 'old'
        > method (the fact I know nothing of style sheets is hardly worth
        > mentioning of course). There must be many with computers not
        > supporting CSS2 - what would they see? I've heard a lot about
        > browsers being easily 'confused' (hah!) but have no experience. Anyone?

        My understanding is that If a browser comes across an element ,attribute or
        css selector property it does not recognise it just ignores it. Problems
        occur when a browser recognises an element etc, then dutifully renders it
        in a buggy fashion.
        Take a look at Eric Meyer's css bugList
        http://webreview.com/wr/pub/guides/style/mastergrid.html

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html