Re: [NH] Are there any CSS templates that I could use, instead of HTML Tables?

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2005
      Paul Nelson wrote:
      > I just finished reading a good book on the subject, by a fellow who's apparently considered one of the leading thinkers in the field--and among other things, the idea is to use CSS as much as possible instead of tables as the way to design pages.
      >
      > The book is "Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide, 2nd Edition", by Eric Meyer, and I was able to find a used copy (via www.addall.com) for not much. Very interesting, and fairly easy to understand!
      >
      > -- Paul
      Lotta's site was good. Eric Meyer is very good as well.
      I was just looking up Eric Meyer, because I have used his stuff before.
      Here is a good what not to from Eric himself:
      http://complexspiral.com/
      check out upcoming events (very current)
      compare to current news (last updated in August 2004 ... and that isn't
      current at all). So has the site been ignored or abandoned?
      I think the answer is ignored.

      If you go over to his main pages you can dial in his wonder css examples:
      http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/
      and his tools:
      http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/

      If you look around more you can find examples that are to accompany his
      books on various sites.

      check out some of the stuff you find via google:
      http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=css+column+template

      and go to the grand daddy of all css design! Feel the Zen:
      http://www.csszengarden.com/
      click around on the various renditions of that page, find one you like
      and use the layout -- just not the images etc. (read the terms and
      conditions)

      And the grand son:
      http://www.alexking.org/index.php?content=software/wordpress/styles.php

      There is tons out there.