Web page clip presentation

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2005
      I am working on a webpage or two that shows connections between programs using clips and
      I cannot get something to work. What I want is either the ^& highlight or clipboard content to
      enter into a dialog box. This is the daft state I am into. The ^!Clip referred to below does work.
      The ^%ShortOne% shows itself as that in the box, and so does ^$GetClipboard$ whereas I
      want the clipboard content itself to appear.

      ^!Clip "Copy short filename"
      ^!Set %ShortOne%=^$GetClipboard$
      ;Longline next
      ^!Set %FileName%=^?[New Outline document name=_^%ShortOne%|Files and Folders|From
      Treeprint|Structure].otl

      Another puzzle is why when I highlight a word within the workings of a clip and is visibly so
      the ^& does not show it, even when using or coming from an external clip. Yet put in a
      ^!Continue box, press No, start the clip again (the word is highlighted still) and bingo it is in
      the dialog box as an option. Is there a way within a clip to put its selected word/s into a dialog
      box for possible selection?

      By the way, this has absorbed hours of hair pulling.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk