Re: [NH] Forms on website without Mail Merge, SSI, etc.

  • Mickster
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 12 1:41 PM
      Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
      > Mickster wrote:
      > I was avoiding the I like this company part on purpose :-)
      > There are a number of good ones.

      I don't disagree that there are a number of good ones, there's also some
      that seem great and later turn out to be a PITA when it comes to support
      or other things, been there done that. Just wanted to let those on the
      list know about Jatol. I've yet to see/have a webhosting service that
      can match the support that they offer, yet for a reasonable price.

      = = = = = =
      Mick Housel # 253W
      safely in a pretty and well preserved body -- but rather to skid in
      broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
      -- WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!" - Author : Unknown

      mickster@...
      http://www.mickhousel.com/
    • Christine
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 12 2:54 PM
        I've been using npsis.com for years for the same reason. :)
        I won't get into their kudos, but they deserve them. For all the bad ones,
        there are just as many good ones.

        Changing the subject a little, does anyone know of a good Counter company?
        I used to use Andale, and still do, but can't find my log-in page anymore on
        their site. They're too busy selling things.

        Thanks,
        Christine
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 12 3:05 PM
          Christine wrote:
          > I've been using npsis.com for years for the same reason. :)
          > I won't get into their kudos, but they deserve them. For all the bad ones,
          > there are just as many good ones.
          >
          > Changing the subject a little, does anyone know of a good Counter company?
          > I used to use Andale, and still do, but can't find my log-in page anymore on
          > their site. They're too busy selling things.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Christine

          Since we are apprently endorsing products and organizations today :-)
          Head on over to http://htmlfixit.com/free.php and check out our
          statistical counter. It is a great counter/stats program. It is much
          more honest than a typical counter, tells you when your page is crawled,
          gives stats on users browser, javascript status, etc. We support it
          with live help. If you have server side, I can tell you how to display
          the count in your page if you wish to do so and it always counts in the
          background. It runs in perl. *Like notetab, there is a completely free
          version and a $10 paid version.* We are about to release a new advanced
          version that is even better, and it will go to registered users without
          cost. We have had very good feedback on our stats counter and it has
          been used by some pretty heavy duty sites with success.

          Additional discussion of this should probably head over to the off topic
          list, and additional endorsments of hosting should likewise head off
          topic (that was the point of my earlier email :-) as these types of
          things always seem to get off topic quickly).

          I'll copy this to off topic so others can make recommendations over there.