Re: [NH] Forms on website without Mail Merge, SSI, etc.

  • Mickster
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 12 12:59 PM
      Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
      > 2. get a new host ... they aren't all that expensive any more for some
      > really good ones

      If anyone is looking for a great place for webhosting, check out Jatol
      at http://www.jatol.com/. I've been dealing with webhosting and server
      leasing for a number of years now and have NEVER had a better company to
      deal with. Their prices are very reasonable and I can't say enough
      about their support and service, it's simply *EXCELLENT*. When you
      factor in outstanding uptime and reliablilty, they can't be beat.

      No, I don't have any ties with Jatol other than being a *very* satisfied
      customer. I know one thing, as long as Jatol is around and stays like
      it is now, I will *never* look for another place for leasing a server.

      Oh, and it's not just server hosting that they offer. They have
      packages to fit any need and will work with you to make sure you get
      what you want and need, all at a reasonable price.

      = = = = = =
      Mick Housel
      safely in a pretty and well preserved body -- but rather to skid in
      broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
      -- WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!" - Author : Unknown

      mickster AT motomania.us
      http://www.mickhousel.com/
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 12 1:29 PM
        Mickster wrote:
        > Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
        >
        >>2. get a new host ... they aren't all that expensive any more for some
        >>really good ones
        >

        > If anyone is looking for a great place for webhosting, check out ...

        I was avoiding the I like this company part on purpose :-)
        There are a number of good ones.
      • Mickster
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 12 1:41 PM
          Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
          > Mickster wrote:
          > I was avoiding the I like this company part on purpose :-)
          > There are a number of good ones.

          I don't disagree that there are a number of good ones, there's also some
          that seem great and later turn out to be a PITA when it comes to support
          or other things, been there done that. Just wanted to let those on the
          list know about Jatol. I've yet to see/have a webhosting service that
          can match the support that they offer, yet for a reasonable price.

          = = = = = =
          Mick Housel # 253W
          safely in a pretty and well preserved body -- but rather to skid in
          broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
          -- WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!" - Author : Unknown

          mickster@...
          http://www.mickhousel.com/
        • Christine
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 12 2:54 PM
            I've been using npsis.com for years for the same reason. :)
            I won't get into their kudos, but they deserve them. For all the bad ones,
            there are just as many good ones.

            Changing the subject a little, does anyone know of a good Counter company?
            I used to use Andale, and still do, but can't find my log-in page anymore on
            their site. They're too busy selling things.

            Thanks,
            Christine
          • Don - htmlfixit.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 12 3:05 PM
              Christine wrote:
              > I've been using npsis.com for years for the same reason. :)
              > I won't get into their kudos, but they deserve them. For all the bad ones,
              > there are just as many good ones.
              >
              > Changing the subject a little, does anyone know of a good Counter company?
              > I used to use Andale, and still do, but can't find my log-in page anymore on
              > their site. They're too busy selling things.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Christine

              Since we are apprently endorsing products and organizations today :-)
              Head on over to http://htmlfixit.com/free.php and check out our
              statistical counter. It is a great counter/stats program. It is much
              more honest than a typical counter, tells you when your page is crawled,
              gives stats on users browser, javascript status, etc. We support it
              with live help. If you have server side, I can tell you how to display
              the count in your page if you wish to do so and it always counts in the
              background. It runs in perl. *Like notetab, there is a completely free
              version and a $10 paid version.* We are about to release a new advanced
              version that is even better, and it will go to registered users without
              cost. We have had very good feedback on our stats counter and it has
              been used by some pretty heavy duty sites with success.

              Additional discussion of this should probably head over to the off topic
              list, and additional endorsments of hosting should likewise head off
              topic (that was the point of my earlier email :-) as these types of
              things always seem to get off topic quickly).

              I'll copy this to off topic so others can make recommendations over there.