Re: [NH] FireFox and Extra Link/Page Opening

  • John Mitchell
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6, 2005
      Jody

      Switching for Tab Browser Extensions to Tabmix didn't make an iota of
      difference for me. The behavious is still as follows:

      If Firefox is closed when I click the browser icon in Notetab it opens
      one blank (untitled) tab and one tab that currently resolves to
      http://www.aaai.org/Symposia/Fall/2005/fss-05.html

      If Firefox is open, Notetab correctly opens the requested HTML file in
      a new tab.

      Regards, John M

      Jody wrote:

      > Hi Alec,
      >
      > >sorry, I thought I had included the link. Anyway - here it is :-)
      > >Tab Mix http://hemiolapei.free.fr/divers/tabmix/tabmix.html.en
      >
      > You da man! Now, Album Express tries to load google.com instead of
      > that other page it was loading, but NoteTab is working correctly all
      > the way around in the second browser field, other browser. :)

      --- snip ---

      > Jody Adair
    • Ed Brown
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 6, 2005
        My first page is blank but the second page resolves to:
        /Program%20Files/NoteTab%20Pro/Projects/Nclex5/location.html which is
        the page that should open in NoteTab but instead I get Program Files.com
        or http://www.programfiles.com/ now how does that come up when the
        actual address of the page is in FireFox and how does it switch over to
        www.programfiles.com? And yet still call for the page that is supposed
        to open. Somebody who understands these things perhaps can explain it to me.
        Ed

        America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
        -- Abraham Lincoln

        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2005
          Hi John,

          (After writing this, I noticed mine quite working. I did not have
          an entry for [FireFox] in Browsers.dat - I found that out when
          working on the following. Now it does not work again.) So, here's
          information anyway... (I just uninstalled the Tab Mix and
          reinstalled and it worked one time and quit, like me, I quit too.
          Things change every time FireFox comes out with a new release. I
          don't use FireFox hardly at all so it is not much of a hassle to
          use it as is. You might try using Launch Document with something
          like E:\Browsers\FireFox\FireFox.exe ^** in the Custom Launch
          field in Options, or the Clip below. (Of, the exterior link also
          tries to open for me to google.com. I deleted all Histories and
          the Quick Search for Google, but no help as expected.)

          You need to make sure you uninstall other extensions, well, I
          would at least uninstall Tabbed Preferences because it will
          definitely conflict with Tab Mix. The next the to do is go
          through the setting in Tab Mix. I think the main feature you want
          to check is the one under Tools | Extensions | Tab Mix | Open
          links from other applications in: [Current tab]. There might be
          more; you'll need to go through and try them out.

          There's many other things to try. Some work for some people,
          other things for others, and yet, some don't get it working at
          all.

          The following is all I know to try if the above does not work. I
          have no other suggestions. Except for one. ;) If you add "-browser"
          without the quotes to the Browsers.dat file in NoteTab's main folder
          (see further below), it will open like a shell without the Toolbar,
          Address bar, etc.

          [FireFox] Command=E:\Browsers\FireFox\FireFox.exe -browser
          UseDDE=0
          Application=FireFox

          You can try entering Mozilla FireFox in your Browsers.dat file.
          You use the parent folder name that the .exe is in. Read Help on
          Browsers.dat Here's some examples; also see the Launch Document
          method below and the Clip.:

          [FireFox]
          Command=E:\Browsers\FireFox\FireFox.exe
          UseDDE=0
          Application=FireFox

          [Mozilla FireFox]
          Command=C:\Program Files\Mozilla FireFox\FireFox.exe -browser
          Application=FireFox

          [mozilla]
          ; This is an example submitted by Harvey on the NoteTab Basic yahoogroups discussion
          ; mailing list with some modification by Jody@... Specifically, the height and width
          settings, Application, and [section name=mozilla]
          Command=c:\mozilla\mozilla.exe -browser
          UseDDE=0
          Application=E:\Browsers\Mozilla\
          DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
          Topic=WWW_OpenURL
          Topic_New=WWW_OpenURL

          [Opera6]
          ;Add full path to Opera.exe file name below if you have several versions of the browser
          Command=Opera.exe
          UseDDE=1
          Application=E:\Browsers\Opera 6.2\Opera.exe
          DDECommand=Opera.exe /nowin /e

          [NetCaptor]
          Command=E:\Browsers\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe
          Application=NetCaptor

          You might also try configuring it in Custom Launch. You use the
          Launch Document icon to execute it. It will always open a new
          window though. You might get the tab extension and tabbed interface
          (I forget exactly what they are called, but configure it to always
          open in a new tab - not new window.)

          C:\Program Files\Mozilla FireFox\FireFox.exe ^**

          The ^** tells NoteTab to open the focused documents temporary file
          (all files needing saving) in program before it. FireFox in the
          example. If the file does not need saving then the saved file will
          be opened.

          A Clip would look like this:

          <--- Copy below this line --->
          H=View in FireFox
          ; eMailed on 09-14-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
          ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us

          ^!"C:\Program Files\Mozilla FireFox\FireFox.exe" ^**

          <--- Copy above this line --->
          <--- Right click over a Library --->
          <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

          http://www.notetab.net
          http://www.clean-funnies.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6, 2005
            Hi Ed

            I cannot explain it, but now I get the extra link going to a site
            I visited at one time, and then switches to some other site that
            I do not think I have been to. You might try running some ad-ware
            software.