Re: Re: [NH] FireFox and Extra Link/Page Opening

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6 5:07 AM
      Hi Alec,

      >sorry, I thought I had included the link. Anyway - here it is :-)
      >Tab Mix http://hemiolapei.free.fr/divers/tabmix/tabmix.html.en

      You da man! Now, Album Express tries to load google.com instead of
      that other page it was loading, but NoteTab is working correctly all
      the way around in the second browser field, other browser. :)

      >Regards ... Alec
      >--
      > ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      calc9+6*3 <-- One of my PasteBack Clips. :) Copy/cut and get the following
      returned. Works in any editable field like a browser address bar
      while at eBay. :)

      9+6*3 = $27

      >>> It works fine for me whether or not Firefox (1.0) is already
      >>> open. If already open it shows the page in a new tab, if not
      >>> already open, Firefox opens and shows *just* the desired page.
      >>>
      >>> Here's my browsers.dat line:
      >>> [Firefox]
      >>> Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF\Mozilla
      >>> Firefox\firefox.exe"
      >>>
      >>> I had previously used the Tabbrowser Extensions (TBE) but have
      >>> read that there are problems with it especially in conjunction
      >>> with other extensions.
      >>>
      >>> I've recently switched to using:
      >>> MFE: Tab Mix
      >>>
      >>> Note: its not yet an authorized extension but appears to be
      >>> working well. Its install page says:
      >>>>>
      >>> For a long time, we talk about how to rebuild the features of
      >>> the powerful but bulky TBE. According to these discussions, we
      >>> can install several extensions on Firefox and add the CSS
      >>> rules in the userChrome.css file. But, as we know, some
      >>> extensions would conflict with another, some others are
      >>> already broken or out of maintainenance. Is it possible to
      >>> combine the most practical tab-related extensions together,
      >>> then we could just install ONE extension for a better tabbed
      >>> browsing? That's what I try to do in Tab Mix. Beware that Tab
      >>> Mix is still unstable and might be buggy, use on your own
      >>> risk!

      Happy Album Mak'n!
      Jody Adair

      http://www.clean-funnies.com
      http://www.notetab.net
      http://www.sojourner.us/software
    • John Mitchell
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 6 4:00 PM

        Switching for Tab Browser Extensions to Tabmix didn't make an iota of
        difference for me. The behavious is still as follows:

        If Firefox is closed when I click the browser icon in Notetab it opens
        one blank (untitled) tab and one tab that currently resolves to
        http://www.aaai.org/Symposia/Fall/2005/fss-05.html

        If Firefox is open, Notetab correctly opens the requested HTML file in
        a new tab.

        Regards, John M

        Jody wrote:

        > Hi Alec,
        >
        > >sorry, I thought I had included the link. Anyway - here it is :-)
        > >Tab Mix http://hemiolapei.free.fr/divers/tabmix/tabmix.html.en
        >
        > You da man! Now, Album Express tries to load google.com instead of
        > that other page it was loading, but NoteTab is working correctly all
        > the way around in the second browser field, other browser. :)

        --- snip ---

        > Jody Adair
      • Ed Brown
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6 4:24 PM
          My first page is blank but the second page resolves to:
          /Program%20Files/NoteTab%20Pro/Projects/Nclex5/location.html which is
          the page that should open in NoteTab but instead I get Program Files.com
          or http://www.programfiles.com/ now how does that come up when the
          actual address of the page is in FireFox and how does it switch over to
          www.programfiles.com? And yet still call for the page that is supposed
          to open. Somebody who understands these things perhaps can explain it to me.
          Ed

          America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
          -- Abraham Lincoln

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6 5:16 PM
            Hi John,

            (After writing this, I noticed mine quite working. I did not have
            an entry for [FireFox] in Browsers.dat - I found that out when
            working on the following. Now it does not work again.) So, here's
            information anyway... (I just uninstalled the Tab Mix and
            reinstalled and it worked one time and quit, like me, I quit too.
            Things change every time FireFox comes out with a new release. I
            don't use FireFox hardly at all so it is not much of a hassle to
            use it as is. You might try using Launch Document with something
            like E:\Browsers\FireFox\FireFox.exe ^** in the Custom Launch
            field in Options, or the Clip below. (Of, the exterior link also
            tries to open for me to google.com. I deleted all Histories and
            the Quick Search for Google, but no help as expected.)

            You need to make sure you uninstall other extensions, well, I
            would at least uninstall Tabbed Preferences because it will
            definitely conflict with Tab Mix. The next the to do is go
            through the setting in Tab Mix. I think the main feature you want
            to check is the one under Tools | Extensions | Tab Mix | Open
            links from other applications in: [Current tab]. There might be
            more; you'll need to go through and try them out.

            There's many other things to try. Some work for some people,
            other things for others, and yet, some don't get it working at
            all.

            The following is all I know to try if the above does not work. I
            have no other suggestions. Except for one. ;) If you add "-browser"
            without the quotes to the Browsers.dat file in NoteTab's main folder
            (see further below), it will open like a shell without the Toolbar,
            Address bar, etc.

            [FireFox] Command=E:\Browsers\FireFox\FireFox.exe -browser
            UseDDE=0
            Application=FireFox

            You can try entering Mozilla FireFox in your Browsers.dat file.
            You use the parent folder name that the .exe is in. Read Help on
            Browsers.dat Here's some examples; also see the Launch Document
            method below and the Clip.:

            [FireFox]
            Command=E:\Browsers\FireFox\FireFox.exe
            UseDDE=0
            Application=FireFox

            [Mozilla FireFox]
            Command=C:\Program Files\Mozilla FireFox\FireFox.exe -browser
            Application=FireFox

            [mozilla]
            ; This is an example submitted by Harvey on the NoteTab Basic yahoogroups discussion
            ; mailing list with some modification by Jody@... Specifically, the height and width
            settings, Application, and [section name=mozilla]
            Command=c:\mozilla\mozilla.exe -browser
            UseDDE=0
            Application=E:\Browsers\Mozilla\
            DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
            Topic=WWW_OpenURL
            Topic_New=WWW_OpenURL

            [Opera6]
            ;Add full path to Opera.exe file name below if you have several versions of the browser
            Command=Opera.exe
            UseDDE=1
            Application=E:\Browsers\Opera 6.2\Opera.exe
            DDECommand=Opera.exe /nowin /e

            [NetCaptor]
            Command=E:\Browsers\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe
            Application=NetCaptor

            You might also try configuring it in Custom Launch. You use the
            Launch Document icon to execute it. It will always open a new
            window though. You might get the tab extension and tabbed interface
            (I forget exactly what they are called, but configure it to always
            open in a new tab - not new window.)

            C:\Program Files\Mozilla FireFox\FireFox.exe ^**

            The ^** tells NoteTab to open the focused documents temporary file
            (all files needing saving) in program before it. FireFox in the
            example. If the file does not need saving then the saved file will
            be opened.

            A Clip would look like this:

            <--- Copy below this line --->
            H=View in FireFox
            ; eMailed on 09-14-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
            ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us

            ^!"C:\Program Files\Mozilla FireFox\FireFox.exe" ^**

            <--- Copy above this line --->
            <--- Right click over a Library --->
            <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

            http://www.notetab.net
            http://www.clean-funnies.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 6 5:59 PM
              Hi Ed

              I cannot explain it, but now I get the extra link going to a site
              I visited at one time, and then switches to some other site that
              I do not think I have been to. You might try running some ad-ware
              software.