Re: [NH] Digest Number 866

  • Paul Geiger
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005
      Dear All,
      I still can't get Firefox to open a page if html when I set it as
      alternate browser. Two pages come up, the second one blank saying file
      cannot be found. Opera works OK. Netcaptor works fine too. I like
      Firefox. How can I get it to see the page from inside of Notetab Pro?
      :PG

      On Feb 3, 2005, at 2:42 PM, ntb-html@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There are 2 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. FireFox and Extra Link/Page Opening
      From: Jody <kjv-av1611@...>
      2. Re: FireFox and Extra Link/Page Opening
      From: "Alec Burgess" <burale@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:12:35 -0600
      From: Jody <kjv-av1611@...>
      Subject: FireFox and Extra Link/Page Opening

      Hi All,

      For some reason FireFox is opening an extra page when I do a View
      in Browser from NoteTab Pro and also a different page with a view
      in browser from Album Express. I know I have visited the extra
      one that opens when I view a focused html file in NoteTab. Does
      anybody know where this might be coming from, the cause, or
      setting to turn it off?

      Thanks!
      See ya in the funnies!
      http://www.clean-funnies.com
      http://www.sojourner.us/software
      notetab.net, fookes.us, purewords.org

      Message: 2
      Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:09:23 -0500
      From: "Alec Burgess" <burale@...>
      Subject: Re: FireFox and Extra Link/Page Opening

      Hi Jody:

      It works fine for me whether or not Firefox (1.0) is already open.
      If already open it shows the page in a new tab, if not already open,
      Firefox
      opens and shows *just* the desired page.

      Here's my browsers.dat line:
      [Firefox]
      Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

      I had previously used the Tabbrowser Extensions (TBE) but have read
      that
      there are problems with it especially in conjunction with other
      extensions.

      I've recently switched to using:
      MFE: Tab Mix

      Note: its not yet an authorized extension but appears to be working
      well.
      Its install page says:

      For a long time, we talk about how to rebuild the features of the
      powerful
      but bulky TBE. According to these discussions, we can install several
      extensions on Firefox and add the CSS rules in the userChrome.css file.
      But,
      as we know, some extensions would conflict with another, some others are
      already broken or out of maintain. Is it possible to combine the most
      practical tab-related extensions together, then we could just install
      ONE
      extension for a better tabbed browsing? That's what I try to do in Tab
      Mix.
      Beware that Tab Mix is still unstable and might be buggy, use on your
      own
      risk!
      The code of Tab Mix is borrowed from the following extensions. Special
      thanks to them:
      Bradley Chapman's TBP lite 0.6 (the base of Tab Mix)
      Bradley Chapman's Tabbrowser Preferences 1.0.0
      Dorando + Caio Chassot's Minit (drag + indicator) 0.4
      Samir L. Boulema's enhanced version of Minit, Minit 20040920_pass3
      Stephen Clavering's Tab X 0.5
      Stephen Clavering's Flowing Tabs 0.4
      Stephen Clavering's Scrollable Tabs 0.1
      Daniel Lindkvist's Focus Last Selected Tab 0.8.1
      SHIMODA Hiroshi's Tabbrowser Extensions 1.12.2004120802
      Morac's enhanced version of Tab X 0.5
      NetOne's click2tab 0.8.0
      Dorando's Undoclosetab 20041125.2
      Turonah's Undoclosetab enhanced 20041126
      Aaron's Single Window 1.4
      <<

      If you've already installed any of these you should probably uninstall
      them
      first.

      If you want Firefox to operate much like your beloved NetCaptor I think
      the
      key option to set in TabMix is:

      Open links from other applications in: New Tab

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      > For some reason FireFox is opening an extra page when I
      > do a View
      > in Browser from NoteTab Pro and also a different page
      > with a view
      > in browser from Album Express. I know I have visited the
      > extra
      > one that opens when I view a focused html file in
      > NoteTab. Does
      > anybody know where this might be coming from, the cause,
      > or
      > setting to turn it off?

      CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free:
      http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

    • Rudolf Horbas
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005
        > I still can't get Firefox to open a page if html when I set it as
        > alternate browser. Two pages come up, the second one blank saying file
        > cannot be found. Opera works OK. Netcaptor works fine too. I like
        > Firefox. How can I get it to see the page from inside of Notetab Pro?

        Sounds to me like problems with the path/filename. Have you got spaces
        in the file- or pathname?
        I've often had this problem when opening external apps; to the app it
        looks like it's being handed over 2 files (because of the spaces)

        Haven't got a solution, though. My workaround is not to use spaces
        (aren't any good on the server anyway).

        HTH,
        Rudi