FireFox and Extra Link/Page Opening

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005
      Hi All,

      For some reason FireFox is opening an extra page when I do a View
      in Browser from NoteTab Pro and also a different page with a view
      in browser from Album Express. I know I have visited the extra
      one that opens when I view a focused html file in NoteTab. Does
      anybody know where this might be coming from, the cause, or
      setting to turn it off?

      Thanks!
      See ya in the funnies!
      http://www.clean-funnies.com
      http://www.sojourner.us/software
      notetab.net, fookes.us, purewords.org

    • John Mitchell
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2005

        This issue has been a pain in the proverbial for a long time, as a
        search of the various Notetab lists will attest. For every contributor
        who is somehow able to avoid/bypass the problem there are dozens who are
        stymied, no matter what they try.

        I regularly use several other applications that are able to open Firefox
        windows programatically without any apparent problems. In my opinion
        this issue will never be fully resolved until such time as Eric decides,
        or can be persuaded, to devote an uninterrupted hour or two of his time
        to get to the root. Jody, perhaps you could use your inside track to
        help encourage him to take a look.

        Regards, John M