Question on formating and html

  • smartcoyotes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2005
      Jeff, you state that I should add the formating after the whole
      document is converted, that is ok if I don't have any changes to be
      made. But I am building a project so I am making changes to the
      Outline Document all the time. The way it seems to me is that when
      I make changes to the Outline Document and then select Modify-
      >Document to Html->With paragrah tabs the changes that I made to
      format the text the way I wanted it I have to do all over again.

      Why is it that you cannot make the formating changes in the Outline
      Document itself and then when you select Modify->Document to Html-
      >With paragrah tabs and then F8 the changes are made.....something
      doesn't seem right to me....

      Regards
      Sam
    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 24, 2005
        The reason is that Notetab is a text editor, not a What you see is what
        you get web page maker.

        When you convert a text document to HTML it converts CHARACTERS that may
        confuse a web browser to HTML coded equivelents, so that when you view
        the page in a browser you will SEE <B> and </B> (in the browser) instead
        of what is between them in Bold face font. If you lok at the TEXT SOURCE
        CODE you will see hta the <B> has been changed ( Noteably the < and >
        symbols.)

        Type out your text, use the Convert to HTML wizard, THEN using the
        HTML-ar Clipbook, highlight the section you want to be BOLD, and double
        click on the <B command line in the clip book all within the highlighted
        text will be within "Bold" Html Tags (<B>....</B>) and wheen the page
        is launched the proper display will result.