Re: [NH] Tell me again...

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 15, 2005
      I have never done an absolutely positioned or proportional site using
      DIVs. FYI, DIVs can also build a fluid page using percentages and be
      cross-browser compatible too with a few tricks here and there!

      --- Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold <change@...> wrote:

      > >Tables are seriously discouraged for anything that is NOT tabular
      > data for a number of
      > reasons -- theoretical ones being that they were not designed for
      > that and that they don't
      > "degrade" gracefully if the page is viewed in conditions very
      > dissimilar to the ones in which
      > the designer worked (for instance, they usually look very bad in
      > small-screen browsers).<
      >
      > Yes, but if you do tables and make them percentage proportional, they
      > fill any browser size,
      > whereas all these DIV tags and absolutes mean that they scroll off a
      > 640 by 480 and are to
      > the left of anything higher than 800 by 600. Anyway, if it works, use
      > it.
      >
      > Adrian Worsfold
      >
      > http://www.pluralist.co.uk

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Julie Wolf
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 28, 2005
        Hi ,

        I need to learn the correct way to do a <a href= with a mailto that
        includes the ?subject=
        specifically in an environment where there is a data tag for [myemail] that
        , when in html
        makes this tag do its own complete <a href=mailto .... </a> from with in
        the data [tag].

        In other words, the [myemail] data tag (when used in an html message)
        closes with </a>
        and in the begining adds its own <a href and mailto . But I am used to
        using in it in text
        mailto with subject included, ... and I dont know how to do this in
        html.... with this [myemail] data tag.

        I hope this makes sense.

        Can you help?

        I forgot how to post, can you remind me?

      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 28, 2005
          Julie Wolf wrote:
          > Hi ,
          >

          > I need to learn the correct way to do a <a href= with a mailto that
          > includes the ?subject=
          > specifically in an environment where there is a data tag for [myemail] that
          > , when in html
          > makes this tag do its own complete <a href=mailto .... </a> from with in
          > the data [tag].
          >
          > In other words, the [myemail] data tag (when used in an html message)
          > closes with </a>
          > and in the begining adds its own <a href and mailto . But I am used to
          > using in it in text
          > mailto with subject included, ... and I dont know how to do this in
          > html.... with this [myemail] data tag.
          >
          > I hope this makes sense.
          Not one bit of sense to me to be honest. Perhaps an example or two.

          Usually you use <a href='mailto:email@...?subject=Fred Jones
          Silly Hair'>Email me about Fred's Hair</a>
          But I have no idea what you mean by data tags for [myemail]. If this
          isn't the answer/helpful, try the question with an example or two.