Re: [NH] Digest Number 26

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2000

      Jody wrote:

      >Message: 2
      > Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 04:03:32 -0500
      > From: Jody <KJB1611@...>
      >Subject: Re: Form
      >See http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/htm/bq.htm

      Jody, just a remark about your page: PLEASE, change that *** Your Title
      Here *** with something more descriptive ;-)
      Oh, BTW, MSIE 3.02 gives a JavaScript error: "Openme" is not defined, but I
      suppose you're working on it.

      About blockquotes, I look the page at 640x480 (well, 640x1024...) and it
      looks "strange": there is just an inch of text in the middle of the screen.
      Is this the effect you need?
      Personally I rely on the (ab)use of tables, to give my pages a fixed width
      of 600 pixels: in this way everybody (except WebTV, maybe) can see the page
      in the same way; moreover, 600 pixels are fine for printing.
      When the page is done I check it with Lynx (even on a Win machine!) to see
      if pages are readable (and sometimes I reconvert tables to PRE snippets)
      and accessible.
      An accessibility checker is at http://www.cast.org/bobby/

      Bye!

      Marco Bernardini
      Message 2 of 2 , May 25, 2000
        Hi Marco,

        > there is just an inch of text in the middle of the screen.
        > Is this the effect you need?

        I quit! :) NO, THAT IS NOT IT.

        > Jody, just a remark about your page: PLEASE, change that ***
        > Your Title Here *** with something more descriptive ;-)

        The page is a test page because I want to show the difference -it
        will be deleted, but I need to leave it up for awhile in case the
        Opera folk want to look at it.

        I hate working with tables, especially when having zillions of
        them on one page. All Jody would like is about a dozen, nay:

        font
        center
        br
        dir
        blockquote
        img

        to all look the same in every browser on any machine. I really
        do not think that is asking for too much.

        and if it is not, then throw in:

        frames & tables ;)

        Thanks!
        Jody