Re: [NH] validation problems

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2004
      The problems appears to have been trying to validate the local file.
      When I uploaded it to the server it validated without errors.
      -Mike
      ------------

      At 10:36 AM 11/29/2004 -0500, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:

      >When I use http://validator.w3.org/ to validate this:
      >http://mbreiding.us/arthist/les14.html
      >
      >I get the message below?
      >What to do? I have not clue.
      >-Mike
      >=================
      >"Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because its content type is
      >application/octet-stream, which is not currently supported by this service.
      >
      >The Content-Type field is sent by your web server (or web browser if you
      >use the file upload interface) and depends on its configuration. Commonly,
      >web servers will have a mapping of filename extensions (such as ".html") to
      >MIME Content-Type values (such as text/html).
      >
      >That you recieved this message can mean that your server is not configured
      >correctly, that your file does not have the correct filename extension, or
      >that you are attempting to validate a file type that we do not support yet.
      >In the latter case you should let us know that you need us to support that
      >content type (please include all relevant details, including the URL to the
      >standards document defining the content type) using the instructions on the
      >Feedback Page."

    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2004
        Mike:

        I used validations in Firefox which worked fine complaining only about:

        Line 136, column 3: start tag for "LI" omitted, but its declaration does not
        permit this
        <ul>
        <<

        URL to get the same output: