Re: [NH] Notetab tutorial - are there any?

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2004
      >>Now that I have a website with 40 plus pages, the need arises to
      >>change (ad-images/text) on all pages at once and fairly often.
      >>Resulting in alot of manual page by page editing.

      My friend what you need to do is learn about server side includes. If
      you can use php or ssi (shtml pages usually) you make the common
      elements to be included in multiple pages into a file that is then
      called by the include on each page. When you need to change what is in
      that element of the page, then you just change the one file and all
      pages that include it are thus changed as well.
    • al@wiersch.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
        Hello cotti47,

        CSE HTML Validator has a template tool that allows you to use
        templates for different parts of your documents (like the header and
        footer). You can then update the template, and easily change all your
        web pages. You don't need scripts like PHP or ASP as long as what you
        need is simple enough.

        It's in the free version, CSE HTML Validator Lite, as well as the paid
        versions.

        More info:
        http://www.htmlvalidator.com/htmlval/v65/docs/templatetool.html

        Albert