Re: [NH] Form

    Message 1 of 22 , May 24 2:03 AM
      Hi Marco,

      > I see my test page code is missing somewhere in cyberspace...
      > Replace [ and ] with < and > in the following code.

      Thanks, but I believe I narrowed down my <BLOCKQUOTE> problem to
      a bug in Opera. See http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/htm/bq.htm
      Notice there is either no increment of the right indent for the
      amount of <BLOCKQUOTE>s used or very uneven considering the right
      and left sides. Also notice the difference of the amount of
      indent. The whole page passes CSEValidator and Tidy with only
      messages about <FONT> becoming extinct in favour of .css. ARGH,
      those folk are going to force me to learn HTML yet.

      > [HTML]
      > [BODY]
      > This page is:[BR]
      > [script language="JavaScript"]

      Happy Topics,
      Jody

      The NoteTab Off-Topic List
      mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...
    • elssner@gmx.net
      Message 2 of 22 , May 24 2:31 PM
        Hi Jody,

        > Thanks, but I believe I narrowed down my <BLOCKQUOTE> problem to
        > a bug in Opera. See http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/htm/bq.htm
        > indent. The whole page passes CSEValidator and Tidy with only
        > messages about <FONT> becoming extinct in favour of .css. ARGH,
        > those folk are going to force me to learn HTML yet.
        *bg* These cunning rascals...

        Regarding Opera: Look up in the sky! Is it a bug, is it a feature? No,
        it's Operman! ;-)
        Without joke, <blockqoute> is by intention a more logical style
        element, rather than a physical, and its main purpose is to make quotes
        recognizable inside a document, as you know. Therefore the HTML 4
        specification requires that it make an indent, and even suggests that
        it should place quotation marks around its content. But it allows user
        agents (browsers) to omit the quotation marks, to be compatible with
        well learned folks like you who use to (ab)use <blockquote> for layout
        tasks - since before CSS there was no other way to do such indents, but
        the (ab)use of tables... ;-) So I think you should be happy that you
        get no quotation marks around your constructs, at least. ;-)

        As far as I can see on your testbed page Opera tries to do the justify -
        but with it's own idea of indenting in mind. There is nothing in the
        HTML Spec that tells that the indent must be on both sides. Try a
        <center>?

        However, when you come to use CSS for fonts, use it for the indents
        too, and you should be safe.

        margin-left, margin-right for several indentation-classes, appropriate
        class attributes to the <p> or even <div> tags - done.

        Auf Wiedersehen ;-)
        Stefan
        ---
        elssner@...
      • Grant
        Message 3 of 22 , May 24 3:26 PM
          > As far as I can see on your testbed page Opera tries to do the justify -
          > but with it's own idea of indenting in mind. There is nothing in the
          > HTML Spec that tells that the indent must be on both sides. Try a
          > <center>?
          >
          > However, when you come to use CSS for fonts, use it for the indents
          > too, and you should be safe.
          >
          > margin-left, margin-right for several indentation-classes, appropriate
          > class attributes to the <p> or even <div> tags - done.

          Yeah I was going to say something similar about Blockquotes. I know
          blockquotes, single px gifs etc are part of the arcane html wizard masters
          bag of tricks, but they really do make markup more difficult than it should
          be. To reiterate what stefansaid---That a browser
          chooses to display BLOCKQUOTE by indenting text is incidental to the
          meaning of
          the element.

          Given the structure of your document consists of a form and a few paragraphs
          I would mark it up with a form and a few paragraphs. The margins font-weight
          etc set with a
          stylesheet. The text you want hi-lighted marked up with inline emphasis and
          strong elements, and the style for these set in the stylesheet. Now the
          meaning of the markup is transparent in the BODY of the document and the
          documents content is easy to read and change in a text editor.

          <head>
          <title></title>
          .indent
          {
          margin-left:5em;
          margin-right:5em;
          font-weight: bold;
          }
          p.justify
          {
          text-align: justify;
          }

          em
          {
          font-size: larger;
          font-style: normal;
          }

          strong
          {
          color: red;
          }
          </head>
          <form class="indent" action="javascript: void(0)">
          onclick="Openme('cbargrab.html')" />    <em>H=ClipBar
          Grabber</em>  (05-09-2000)</p>
          </form>

          Clipbar including: .clb, .ctb, .ico, and .bmp. You must have all the Clips
          in a Library with the same name as the Clipbar .ctb file. After is collects
          all the files it needs, they are zipped up using WinZip. You need to look at
          the code and change the line for WinZip according to the comments above
          it.</p>

          target="top">H=Button Cleaner</a></p>

          Jody
          Some notes on Take 48

          in UL can only contain a LI element but if you want to nest unordered lists
          LI
          can contain UL
          A BLOCKQUOTE can contain P but a P cannot contain a BLOCKQUOTE
          Also watch for wellformedness
          The FORM and UL are not nested correctly. Think of that "container"
          metaphor.
          If your UL contains FORM then you need to close FORM before you close UL.

          Ps
          A plug..You might want to try my xhtml library which not only prevents you
          from making such illegal wraps but also tells you what you can legitimately
          wrap. It allso can prevent you from making wraps that are not well formed.
          www.markup.co.nz/xhtml/libraries/xhtml.zip
          <Lightbulb>I might add a info clipbar button so when the cursor is placed on
          an tag it will pop up a info box with advise on what can tags can follow.
          Message 4 of 22 , May 24 7:37 PM
            Hi Grant and Stefan,

            >> Try a <center>?

            Been there, done that. :(

            > To reiterate what stefan said---That a browser chooses to
            > display BLOCKQUOTE by indenting text is incidental to the
            > meaning of the element.

            I thought that is what its purpose was. ;)

            OK, after studying it a bit and seeing how it worked I said to
            myself, "Self, you know, this doesn't appear to be as hard as it
            looks. Maybe an ignernt hillbilly like you can learn himself
            it." ;)

            From what I can see is in the definition area (?) that the tags
            are defined there and wherever used in the document body it will
            render that text as defined like when I took your "strong" and
            wrapped Clipbar in it. I saw the same with "em"> So, I see how
            that is done. A few questions and I can do my own page - maybe -
            haha. Please keep it short and simple if you can. :)

            Since "strong" is used and defined as red, how would I use
            "strong" to wrap text elsewhere in blue?

            What does "center" look like; can I open my Top Style 1.51 Pro
            and is there a cheat sheet for this stuff?

            What is used in place of <DIR> or <UL>?

            Is there an online dictionary like Web-O-Mania for HTML terms?
            As far as I am concerned an "element" is what one puts his pot of
            grits on and turns on the stove to cook them. ;)

            >.indent
            >{
            >margin-left:5em;
            >margin-right:5em;
            >font-weight: bold;
            >}
            >p.justify
            >{
            >text-align: justify;
            >}
            >
            >em
            >{
            >font-size: larger;
            >font-style: normal;
            >}
            >
            >strong
            >{
            >color: red;
            >}
            ></head>

            > www.markup.co.nz/xhtml/libraries/xhtml.zip

            I'll take a look see at you XHTML Library.

            Got to start working on the next ClipClass lesson now.

            Thanks!
            Jody

            Clean-Funnies: click and send...
            mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
            Message 5 of 22 , May 24 8:39 PM
              Hi Stefan,

              > So I think you should be happy that you get no quotation marks
              > around your constructs, at least. ;-)

              Yes, but if you look at any text book, at least the ones I have
              seen, block quotes are always indented evenly on both sides.
              Although, I suppose there are some publishers that refuse to be
              associated with the others. <bg>

              I submitted a bug report to Opera anyway whether it is or not. At
              any rate, the indentation shifts on the right side depending on
              how many <BQ>s are used. To me, that in itself is wrong. If
              they don't want to be like M$, and I don't blame them (except for
              cases like this), then at least make the right side even all the
              way.

              Anyhow, I guess I have to start relearning HTML and unlearning all
              my "bad" habits. :( Don't those guys have anything else better to
              do than make more work for us all. <g> I know, it is for the
              better trying to get to a standard of some type.

              Bye for now,
              Jody Adair
              Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

              http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
              http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
              http://www.sureword.com/notetab
            • Lotta
              Message 6 of 22 , May 25 12:28 AM
                Hi All,

                Jody wrote:

                >Is there an online dictionary like Web-O-Mania for HTML terms?
                >As far as I am concerned an "element" is what one puts his pot of
                >grits on and turns on the stove to cook them. ;)

                I think you would find WDG's 'HTML 4.0 Reference useful. Definitions of
                terms like 'Element' is found under 'Structure of a HTML 4.0 Document'.

                The whole thing can be down loaded in .chm. It's very comprehensive yet
                easy to use.

                Glad you are beginning to see the light regarding Blockquotes ;)

                Bye,

                Message 7 of 22 , May 25 12:48 AM
                  Hi Lotta,

                  > I think you would find WDG's 'HTML 4.0 Reference useful.
                  > Definitions of terms like 'Element' is found under 'Structure
                  > of a HTML 4.0 Document'.

                  Thanks - I'll hunt for it.

                  > Glad you are beginning to see the light regarding Blockquotes ;)

                  There is really no light to see except that when it don't make
                  sense you can bet there is a buck in it.

                  The way I see it is HTML use to be very easy so the average Joe
                  could come along and learn it. They are trying to make it into a
                  real language that is to difficult or time consuming to learn so
                  people will have to pay people to do it. That is my take on it
                  anyway.

                  So far, I cannot see any advantage in speed of me making a style
                  sheet so I can block quote over just clicking on my clip a few
                  times and be done with it. I am sure .css is better else it
                  would not be so popular, but then programmers knock NoteTab's
                  scripting code the way it is written all the time. However, I
                  would probably have never learned it had it looked like PERL or
                  RegExp.

                  Message 8 of 22 , May 25 1:05 AM
                    Jody,

                    >thanks - I'll hunt for it.

                    OOops.

                    HTML Help by The Web Design Group:
                    http://www.htmlhelp.com/

                    >So far, I cannot see any advantage in speed of me making a style
                    >sheet so I can block quote over just clicking on my clip a few
                    >times and be done with it. I am sure .css is better else it
                    >would not be so popular, but then programmers knock NoteTab's

                    The thing is HTML was never constructed for presentation. So people jammed
                    things into structural or formatting tags, like Blockquote. CSS will take
                    care of the presentational stuff.

                    But when it comes to wanting all to be able to access your page, which I
                    guess is the case since you're concerned about Opera, one has to be careful
                    with CSS too. My Netscpe 4.5 don't understand much of it. Don't know for
                    the new version. IE is better and Opera is said to be a wiz.

                    Here's to the Golden Middle Way!

                    Message 9 of 22 , May 25 1:31 AM
                      Hi Lotta,

                      > HTML Help by The Web Design Group:
                      > http://www.htmlhelp.com/

                      Already got it and one on css, but could not find a .chm which I
                      prefer over .hlp or .html.

                      > But when it comes to wanting all to be able to access your
                      > page, which I guess is the case since you're concerned about
                      > Opera, one has to be careful with CSS too. My Netscpe 4.5 don't
                      > understand much of it. Don't know for the new version. IE is
                      > better and Opera is said to be a wiz.

                      <Jody on soap box>
                      So, we're back to a browser thing. It all just does not make any
                      sense to me that all those knuckle heads running the show can't
                      get their rear ends out of their heads and get their act
                      together. I would like to see a ball park figure in perhaps
                      decades of how many hours web authors both the serious and ones
                      like me that just dabble with it have spent (or needlessly
                      wasted) trying to make it so their site can be viewed by
                      visitors. Gee, do we have to go back to the Best viewed in IE
                      buttons or Optimized for Netscape? It is a crying shame that all
                      the hours spent by us should have been solved years ago, but as
                      far as I can tell it hasn't got much better. I understand that
                      OS' play a part too. They too need to start working with each
                      other. All those knuckle heads need to get together and say
                      OK, this is how were going to do it and DO IT!
                      </Jody on soap box>

                      Next thing you know, the tag above will be obsolete. Either
                      Eudora, PMail, Messenger, or whichever won't view it correctly.
                      ARGH! ;)

                      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                      The NoteTab and Html List...
                      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
                    • Lotta
                      Message 10 of 22 , May 25 2:15 AM
                        Hi,

                        > > http://www.htmlhelp.com/
                        >
                        >Already got it and one on css, but could not find a .chm which I
                        >prefer over .hlp or .html.

                        For HTML 4.0 there is a .chm for CSS there isn't. Both are offered in other
                        formats too, should anyone prefer something else.

                        > >one has to be careful with CSS too.
                        > >My Netscpe 4.5 don't
                        > > understand much of it. Don't know for the new version. IE is
                        > > better and Opera is said to be a wiz.
                        >
                        ><Jody on soap box>
                        >So, we're back to a browser thing. It all just does not make any
                        >sense to me that all those knuckle heads running the show can't
                        >get their rear ends out of their heads and get their act
                        >together.

                        That's true. But on the other hand one can't expect a software written
                        several years ago to understand W3C latest decrees. But for basic CSS they
                        have had some time, I think.

                        Not being an expert, I humbly think that basic HTML with careful use of CSS
                        is probably the best way to go if one wants the page to be 'accessible to
                        all'. And I think that most pages should be that.

                        On the other hand, if one wants to play around - use whatever. If I want a
                        site for me and my friends I don't care if the rest of the world can view
                        it. One can always put a warning on the index to scare off any stray
                        surfers ;).

                        On Browsers - IE is evil in it's special way as it allows for vary bad
                        coding and kindly display the page correctly anyway. This result in that
                        it's very tricky to learn HTML using IE. "If it looks right I must have
                        done it right". Two month later one adds something to this perfect site and
                        everything collapses. "Why? I KNOW I had done every thing right." Great
                        mystery!

                        Opera - here I come!

                        Message 11 of 22 , May 25 3:08 AM
                          Hi Lotta,

                          >> > http://www.htmlhelp.com/

                          >For HTML 4.0 there is a .chm

                          Where? :)

                          I'll answer the rest of your post later. Doing ClipClass now.

                          Message 12 of 22 , May 25 5:58 AM
                            Hi,

                            I'm lying my head off!

                            I went to WDG to check were they had hidden it and then it hit me. The .chm
                            that I've got is included in my validator. When I got the validator I took
                            the Reference out and put it were I have had the old .hlp. I had forgotten
                            it had ever looked different.

                            My excuses
                            Lotta
                          • Lotta

                              Message 14 of 22 , May 25 6:22 AM
                                Hi Lotta,

                                > I went to WDG to check were they had hidden it and then it hit
                                > me. The .chm that I've got is included in my validator. When I
                                > got the validator I took the Reference out and put it were I
                                > have had the old .hlp. I had forgotten it had ever looked
                                > different.

                                No problem. I just found out there is one in my Top Style. <bg>

                                OK, I did my first one. ;)

                                But I obviously have to be missing a very big point here. Below
                                is good for one font tag. Now, I want to use about say 10 different
                                colors in my page. Using the old method which CSEVal... says is
                                getting replaced by .css I would wrap the text in it. In other
                                words show me how I make red white and blue font colors to use in
                                three places.

                                FONT
                                {
                                font-family : times;
                                font-style : normal;
                                color: blue;
                                }

                                Also, <CENTER> is to be replaced. I already have P equaling
                                "justify." How do I center text now without using H1, etc.

                                Message 15 of 22 , May 25 12:23 PM
                                  Hi Jody,

                                  > OK, after studying it a bit and seeing how it worked I said to
                                  > myself, "Self, you know, this doesn't appear to be as hard as it
                                  > looks. Maybe an ignernt hillbilly like you can learn himself
                                  > it." ;)
                                  >
                                  > From what I can see is in the definition area (?) that the tags
                                  > are defined there and wherever used in the document body it will

                                  Yes to all. ;-)

                                  There is a really good and somewhat easy to understand introduction to
                                  CSS in part three of our all father-and-mother-of-Tidy Dave Ragget's
                                  HTML tutorial. There is a link to it somewhere on the Tidy home page,
                                  as far as I remember.

                                  Happy CSSin' ! *g*

                                  Stefan
                                  ---
                                  elssner@...
                                • William K. Hardeman
                                  Message 16 of 22 , May 26 11:32 AM
                                    Jody,

                                    You define different font classes to get the different colors. For example, the FONT definition you
                                    gave might be for your default page font, while the others might be

                                    FONT.RED
                                    {
                                    font-family : times;
                                    font-style : normal;
                                    color: red;
                                    }

                                    FONT.WHITE
                                    {
                                    font-family : times;
                                    font-style : normal;
                                    color: white;
                                    }

                                    FONT.ETC...

                                    Then, in your <font> tags, you would change the color by using the class definition via <font
                                    class=RED> to use any color other than the default one. Or, if you prefer to create classes that
                                    are not tied to a tag, just do the same as above, but don't use the FONT, just the .WHATEVER
                                    (dot WHATEVER). Then, you can refer to those classes in areas outside of FONT tags, doing
                                    away with them all together.

                                    Hope this helps,
                                    Will

                                    On 25 May 00, at 8:22, Jody said:

                                    > Hi Lotta,

                                    <snip>

                                    > But I obviously have to be missing a very big point here. Below
                                    > is good for one font tag. Now, I want to use about say 10 different
                                    > colors in my page. Using the old method which CSEVal... says is
                                    > getting replaced by .css I would wrap the text in it. In other
                                    > words show me how I make red white and blue font colors to use in
                                    > three places.
                                    >
                                    > FONT
                                    > {
                                    > font-family : times;
                                    > font-style : normal;
                                    > color: blue;
                                    > }

                                    <snip>

                                    Truly great madness can not be achieved without significant
                                    intelligence. (Henrik Tikkanen)

                                    The closest distance between two people is a good laugh. - Leo Bascalia
                                    Message 17 of 22 , May 29 3:53 PM
                                      Hi Grant,

                                      > Some notes on Take 48
                                      >
                                      > in UL can only contain a LI element but if you want to nest
                                      > unordered lists LI can contain UL

                                      <UL>
                                      <LI>
                                      <UL>
                                      test
                                      </UL>
                                      </LI>
                                      </UL>

                                      Thanks - don't know what I would use it for, but it may come
                                      in handy sometime.

                                      > A plug..You might want to try my xhtml library
                                      > www.markup.co.nz/xhtml/libraries/xhtml.zip

                                      I couldn't find the Clip(s) to check the tags, etc. Nice Libraries
                                      though and I see you added your Clipbar. ;)

                                      A suggestion to add to certain Clips. ^!SetScreenUpdate Off makes
                                      a number of them faster and much easier on the eyes. ;) Check out the difference in your select tag Clip in xhtml.

                                      -selectTag
                                      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

                                      Message 18 of 22 , May 30 12:52 AM
                                        > I couldn't find the Clip(s) to check the tags, etc.

                                        Try selecting any text with tags then attempt to wrap with a provided clip
                                        element.
                                        Try a few badly formed wraps.
                                        eg; In trying to wrap </ul> without the opening <ul> an infobox will report
                                        "You are trying to wrap a closing tag. Where is the opening tag?"
                                        eg; try to wrap Ul element with another Ul element and an infobox will
                                        report
                                        "You cannot wrap Element <ul> with <ul>
                                        valid Tags for <ul> are li".

                                        This does prevent all cases of syntactically bad wrapping but I think does a
                                        reasonble job to prevent some common markup typos.

                                        Nice Libraries
                                        > though and I see you added your Clipbar. ;)
                                        Ok so I cheated a bit and appropiated the existing icons to suit my own
                                        purposes. If I've got the time I'll create my own icons. Know of a good icon
                                        editor?

                                        > A suggestion to add to certain Clips. ^!SetScreenUpdate Off makes
                                        > a number of them faster and much easier on the eyes. ;) Check out the
                                        difference in your select tag Clip in xhtml.

                                        Good idea and I'll see where else I can apply this.

                                        I have now added a new "element_can_contain" button , when cursor placed on
                                        an existing tag and pressed will present in an info box a list of acceptable
                                        tags that can follow. This should help those learning xhtml.
                                        Library can be downloaded at.
                                        www.markup.co.nz/xhtml/libraries/xhtml.zip
                                        Message 19 of 22 , May 30 3:34 AM
                                          Hi Grant,

                                          > Try selecting any text with tags then attempt to wrap with a
                                          > provided clip element. Try a few badly formed wraps.

                                          OK, will do.

                                          > Ok so I cheated a bit and appropiated the existing icons to
                                          > suit my own purposes. If I've got the time I'll create my own
                                          > icons. Know of a good icon editor?

                                          I normally use PSP for my .bmp's for NoteTab. If you use .ico
                                          NoteTab has to convert them. I have a mess of different image
                                          software, PSP the only shareware. From my NoteView Clipbar:

                                          Requires NoteTab v4.81 or above

                                          H="NoteView"
                                          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/noteview/zip

                                          H="Get BKColour Coder"
                                          ^!Url ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/winsite/winnt/netutil/coder20.exe

                                          H="Get Embellish"
                                          ^!Url http://www.dadaware.com

                                          H="Get IconEdit32"
                                          ^!Url ftp://zdftp.zdnet.com/pub/private/sWlIB/graphics_multimedia_tools/icon_tools/pcmicone.zip

                                          H="Get IconJack32"
                                          ^!Url ftp://ftp.zdnet.com/pcmag/2000/0509/ijack32.zip

                                          H="Get IconMaker"
                                          ^!Url ftp://ftp.euro.net/d5/simtelnet/win95/icon/imak05.zip

                                          H="Get I_View"
                                          ^!Url http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/

                                          H="Get LView Pro"
                                          ^!Url ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/garbo/garbo_win/graphics/lviewp1b.zip

                                          H="Get Psp"
                                          ^!Url http://www.psp.com

                                          H=LView Pro Image Editor
                                          ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/garbo/garbo_win/graphics/lviewp1b.zip

                                          H=Icon Maker
                                          ftp://ftp.euro.net/d5/simtelnet/win95/icon/imak05.zip

                                          > www.markup.co.nz/xhtml/libraries/xhtml.zip

                                          If I do xhtml can I turn right around and use NoteTab's Tags to
                                          uppercase? Why do you use xhtml over regular html and, in short,
                                          what is the difference as far as a weekend page builder would use
                                          them for?

                                          Also, I can mess around with Tidy.cfg a bit and figured out how
                                          to adjust indent or none at all, but how do I make it not do
                                          anything to my existing format?

                                          Message 20 of 22 , May 31 3:41 AM
                                            Hi Jody
                                            Thanks for the list of URLs

                                            > If I do xhtml can I turn right around and use NoteTab's Tags to
                                            > uppercase?

                                            Yes but it won't be xhtml because xhtml is case sensitive and the case of
                                            tags and thier attributes must all be in lower case.

                                            >Why do you use xhtml over regular html and, in short,
                                            > what is the difference as far as a weekend page builder would use
                                            > them for?

                                            For beginners ---
                                            Mark up with xhtml is easier to learn than html as as the xhtml markup rules
                                            are more consistent than html.
                                            all tags and attributes in lower case
                                            all tags must be closed. eg; <p>closed with </p>
                                            Attribute values must always be quoted.
                                            and so on ... refer to the following one page w3c doc
                                            http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1

                                            Also xhtml ought to produce a cleaner and more easily readible and alterable
                                            markup.

                                            For advanced user.
                                            With xhtml you get the ease and familiarity of html with the power of xml.
                                            When you markup with xhtml what you get is "a reformulation of HTML 4 as an
                                            XML 1.0 application".
                                            If your xhtml document is well formed and valid then you can parse it as XML
                                            and use the DOM to manipulate it and CSS to style it. In an ms enviroment
                                            this means you can use the ms COM object. "microsoft.xmldom" and use the
                                            scriptable properties and methods available for that object. There are also
                                            various perl and java xml parsers you can use. It's early stages yet but it
                                            seems the futures is xml. I don't know who said it I think the quote is
                                            "Xhtml is the bridge between the past and future web"

                                            > Also, I can mess around with Tidy.cfg a bit and figured out how
                                            > to adjust indent or none at all, but how do I make it not do
                                            > anything to my existing format?

                                            set "markup" config declaration to "no".

                                            "markup: bool
                                            Determines whether Tidy generates a pretty printed version of the markup.
                                            Bool values are either yes or no. Note that Tidy won't generate a pretty
                                            printed version if it finds unknown tags, or missing trailing quotes on
                                            attribute values, or missing trailing '>' on tags. The default is yes. "

                                            The xhtml library has a wizard to help build a tidy config file. You can
                                            access the config file wizard by holding ctrl down while pressing the tidy
                                            button.
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jun 2, 2000
                                              Hi Grant,

                                              Thanks for the info in the other posts.

                                              I tried the following in my .dtd file with and without %Color;
                                              but Tidy still reports it. ???

                                              <!ATTLIST TABLE -- table element --
                                              <snip>
                                              bgcolor %Color; #IMPLIED -- background color for cells --
                                              bordercolorlight #IMPLIED -- bordercolor for IE tables --
                                              bordercolordark #IMPLIED -- bordercolor for IE tables --
                                              bordercolor #IMPLIED -- bordercolor for IE tables --

                                              <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//w3c//dtd HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "E:\NoteTab Pro\loose.dtd">