Re: Re: Re: [NH] OFFTOPIC Popfile IE vs Firefox HTML puzzle

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 13, 2004
      Alec Burgess wrote:
      >I meant that making a change to the position argument was a "better" way to
      >get the page to function correctly than leaving it as was and using quirks
      >mode.

      Oh, sorry! I guess, if you can do it without breaking something. I didn't
      check if it is one or both of the absolutely positioned boxes that trigger
      the bug in IE. For the #content rule relative would do the same job as
      absolute, because #content would be at the top-left of the browser window
      without any positioning (which means 4em from the top of the window is the
      same as 4em down from #content's static position). Using top and left
      margins with the same values would work too, I think.

      #content {
      position: absolute;
      top: 4em;
      left: 1%;