Free wysiwyg HTML

  • Roy Herring
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 27, 2004
      Does anyone know of a good, free HTML editor that will allow me to create web pages and email in HTML?
      For example, I would like to create and modify an HTML table and be able to view it w/ IE and email it w/ OE.
      I would like it to be a wysiwyg editor so I don't have to fool with HTML code after originally setting up a page.

      Thanks,
      Roy

    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 27, 2004
        funny you should ask this here
        there are many, but none as powerful as this tool notetab a plain text
        editor

        try going to http://mozilla.org and get mozilla suite and use its html
        editing ... then use thunderbird and forget you ever heard of OE
        this should go to off topic list for further discussion I believe as it
        has nothing to do with notetab. I'll copy it there for futher responses.

        Roy Herring wrote:
        > Does anyone know of a good, free HTML editor that will allow me to create web pages and email in HTML?
        > For example, I would like to create and modify an HTML table and be able to view it w/ IE and email it w/ OE.
        > I would like it to be a wysiwyg editor so I don't have to fool with HTML code after originally setting up a page.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Roy

      • Mark McLaughlin
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 28, 2004
          Hi Roy

          Re the first part of your note:

          Notepad, wordpad, free note-tab, and any simple text
          editor, including Pico, Emacs, vi, a piece of chalk
          and a slate, and a slew of others, will let you write
          html to your hearts content.

          Re the second part of your note:

          HTML email is Evil. Do Not send it to me please.
          Anyone with two grey cells will delete your scary
          note, on, or before receipt.

          So, perhaps, consider that one again.

          If that bold statement passes your understanding,
          try this link, to find out why.

          http://weav.bc.ca/weavnews/article.htm?103

          You may also Google the same phrase:

          html email is evil

          Not sure what it may reveal, but I'm betting you'll end
          up wiser than you appear thus far :-)

          All best regards

          Mark McLaughlin

          Does anyone know of a good, free HTML editor that will allow me to create
          web pages and email in HTML?
          For example, I would like to create and modify an HTML table and be able to
          view it w/ IE and email it w/ OE.
          I would like it to be a wysiwyg editor so I don't have to fool with HTML
          code after originally setting up a page.

          Thanks,
          Roy

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/CefplB/TM
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 28, 2004
            Hi Mark,

            > If that bold statement passes your understanding,
            > try this link, to find out why.
            >
            > http://weav.bc.ca/weavnews/article.htm?103

            Next time you want to make the same point quote:

            http://www.expita.com/nomime.html

            which offers a more complete explanation, and shows how to switch to plain
            text in 50+ email clients!

            Greg
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 28, 2004
              Hi Mark and Others,

              Please go ahead and finish this up on this list or just go ahead
              and post only on the Off-Topic list. TIA!

              RE: [NH] Free wysiwyg HTML

              Happy Topics,
              Jody

              The NoteTab Off-Topic List
              All Fookes Software mailing lists:
              http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
            • Mark McLaughlin
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 29, 2004
                Greg wrote:

                >Next time you want to make the same point quote:

                http://www.expita.com/nomime.html

                >which offers a more complete explanation, and shows how to
                >switch to plain text in 50+ email clients!

                Thanks Greg, good link.

                Over and Out :-)

                Mark McLaughlin