RE: [NH] creating shortcuts to clips?

  • Grant Mackenzie
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15 12:05 AM
      Hi Ward,

      >Sorry if this is too elementary a question. I want to create
      >shortcuts for clip actions like boldface,ital, blockquote, etc.
      >Shortcuts, in other words, like CTRL+B for bold (or strong),
      >instead of having to doubleclick or CTRL+SPACEBAR. There is a way
      >to do this, right?

      You might want to check out, the "In-Context Clipbook" feature..
      which works with keyboard actions for the active Clipbook library.
      e.g,

      >Shortcuts, in other words, like CTRL+B for bold (or strong),

      if htm library active
      Keyboard action = 'esc' then 'b' then 'enter'

      The "In-Context Clipbook" feature, is what I use all the time when marking
      up plain text to xhtml.
      It makes markup a very fast keyboard activity...

      When constructing clips for library just remember to sort clips
      alphabetically in a library, so you can make the most of the "In-Context
      Clipbook" feature..

      Hope this helps
      Grant

      Below is the help file..
      In-Context Clipbook
      You can invoke the "In-Context Clipbook" by hitting the ESC key while you
      work in a document. Doing so will display a combo box (filled with the
      content of the active Clipbook library) at the cursor position. Selecting an
      item from the combo box will then paste the Clip text in your document.
      Typing in the combo box will automatically scroll to the first item matching
      the characters entered. Press ENTER or double-click to confirm your choice.
      You can choose a different Clipbook library by invoking the combo box
      shortcut menu. To cancel the "In-Context Clipbook", just hit the ESC key or
      click with the mouse in another part of the editor
    • HARK home
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21 6:06 AM
        Hey, Grant:
        Thanks so much for the tip. I write The Bush Beat for the Village Voice in
        New York City, and I use NoteTab to write it in html. Using the "in-context
        clipbook" is even better than setting up shortcut keys. So thanks again. And
        if any of you planet-wide NoteTab users are interested, check out my column,
        at http://www.villagevoice.com/thebushbeat/

        Before I was a journalist, I was a printer in the '70s, at the end of the
        hot-type era in the U.S., so I particularly love NoteTab for its flexibility
        and its decidedly un-Microsoft feel. And writing in html with NoteTab
        (without having to use a mouse) makes me feel like a printer again. Back to
        the olden times when printers and journalists were one and the same!

        Best,
        Ward Harkavy

        >Sorry if this is too elementary a question. I want to create
        >shortcuts for clip actions like boldface,ital, blockquote, etc.
        >Shortcuts, in other words, like CTRL+B for bold (or strong),
        >instead of having to doubleclick or CTRL+SPACEBAR. There is a way
        >to do this, right?

        You might want to check out, the "In-Context Clipbook" feature..
        which works with keyboard actions for the active Clipbook library.
        e.g,

        >Shortcuts, in other words, like CTRL+B for bold (or strong),

        if htm library active
        Keyboard action = 'esc' then 'b' then 'enter'

        The "In-Context Clipbook" feature, is what I use all the time when marking
        up plain text to xhtml.
        It makes markup a very fast keyboard activity...

        When constructing clips for library just remember to sort clips
        alphabetically in a library, so you can make the most of the "In-Context
        Clipbook" feature..

        Hope this helps
        Grant

        Below is the help file..
        In-Context Clipbook
        You can invoke the "In-Context Clipbook" by hitting the ESC key while you
        work in a document. Doing so will display a combo box (filled with the
        content of the active Clipbook library) at the cursor position. Selecting an
        item from the combo box will then paste the Clip text in your document.
        Typing in the combo box will automatically scroll to the first item matching
        the characters entered. Press ENTER or double-click to confirm your choice.
        You can choose a different Clipbook library by invoking the combo box
        shortcut menu. To cancel the "In-Context Clipbook", just hit the ESC key or
        click with the mouse in another part of the editor

        Yahoo! Groups Links