Re: [NH] converting web pages to "slide shows"

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
      One way to do it ( refresh to a new page) is to put the code into the
      HEAD of eacvh HTML page, setting the delay:

      The CONTENT followed by ";" sets the delay before the new page is
      called. I believe this only works in FULL seconds.

      The loop speed is dependant on your page load speed as well so it may be
      SLOW on older systems. (This isn't animation this is Page reloading or
      redirecting)

      --
      ~~

      Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

      "Just the facts, maam."
      Sgt. Joe Friday,
      LAPD Badge #714

      Do your civic duty, Know your candidates and
      VOTE for the candidate of your choice.

      Jimmy Hoffa, 1960
    • Jeff Scism

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
          I did a three frame version of the redirect method

          http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~scismfam/peffley/photos/slideshow.htm

          The Other way would be to do it througha LOOP, but I think that would
          take frames or a virtual Include.
          --
          ~~

          Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

          "Just the facts, maam."
          Sgt. Joe Friday,
          LAPD Badge #714

          Do your civic duty, Know your candidates and
          VOTE for the candidate of your choice.

          Jimmy Hoffa, 1960
        • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
            Excellent! This is just what I was looking for - a way to do it from within
            the pages.

            Each page is a separate html file and numbered consecutively, so it will be
            easy to include <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="10;url=newpage.html">
            then, start the page and walk away while it runs.

            Thanks again,
            -Mike