Re: [NH] converting web pages to "slide shows"

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
      Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > Can anyone tell me how to set up web pages to automatically jump to the
      > This would be like a photo slide show slide show a graphics or Power Point
      > program might have.
      >
      > I would like to have pages like this one: http://mbreiding.us/dunkard32804/
      > automatically go from page to page so it can be viewed on a TV or
      > projection screen without viewer interaction.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > -Mike

      Mike,

      In terms of 'slide-show' type picture albums, Fookes software has 2
      programs, Album Express and Easy Imager, that create regular albums or
      slide-show type albums. The album output is in 'html', suitable for
      Webpages or CD's.

      Go to http://notetab.com/ and look down the left margin under 'Other
      Software'.

      hrs
    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
        One way to do it ( refresh to a new page) is to put the code into the
        HEAD of eacvh HTML page, setting the delay:

        The CONTENT followed by ";" sets the delay before the new page is
        called. I believe this only works in FULL seconds.

        The loop speed is dependant on your page load speed as well so it may be
        SLOW on older systems. (This isn't animation this is Page reloading or
        redirecting)

        --
        ~~

        Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

        "Just the facts, maam."
        Sgt. Joe Friday,
        LAPD Badge #714

        Do your civic duty, Know your candidates and
        VOTE for the candidate of your choice.

        Jimmy Hoffa, 1960
      • Jeff Scism

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
            I did a three frame version of the redirect method

            http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~scismfam/peffley/photos/slideshow.htm

            The Other way would be to do it througha LOOP, but I think that would
            take frames or a virtual Include.
            --
            ~~

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
              Excellent! This is just what I was looking for - a way to do it from within
              the pages.

              Each page is a separate html file and numbered consecutively, so it will be
              easy to include <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="10;url=newpage.html">
              then, start the page and walk away while it runs.

              Thanks again,
              -Mike