Re: [NH] converting web pages to "slide shows"

  • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 5 6:46 AM
      On 5/9/2004 08:56, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV invited the wrath of
      the gods by saying:

      >Can anyone tell me how to set up web pages to automatically jump to the
      >This would be like a photo slide show slide show a graphics or Power Point
      >program might have.
      >
      >I would like to have pages like this one: http://mbreiding.us/dunkard32804/
      >automatically go from page to page so it can be viewed on a TV or
      >projection screen without viewer interaction.

      Easy way: use the "refresh" trick.

      Insert inside the <head> section an element in the form:

      <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="10;url=newpage.html">

      Where the number after "content" is the number of seconds the page will
      be displayed before loading the next one, and the URI after that is the
      page which will be loaded after this one.

      --
      Marcelo de Castro Bastos
      -=-=-
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 5 8:35 AM
        Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        > Can anyone tell me how to set up web pages to automatically jump to the
        > This would be like a photo slide show slide show a graphics or Power Point
        > program might have.
        >
        > I would like to have pages like this one: http://mbreiding.us/dunkard32804/
        > automatically go from page to page so it can be viewed on a TV or
        > projection screen without viewer interaction.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > -Mike

        Mike,

        In terms of 'slide-show' type picture albums, Fookes software has 2
        programs, Album Express and Easy Imager, that create regular albums or
        slide-show type albums. The album output is in 'html', suitable for
        Webpages or CD's.

        Go to http://notetab.com/ and look down the left margin under 'Other
        Software'.

        hrs
      • Jeff Scism
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 5 8:36 AM
          One way to do it ( refresh to a new page) is to put the code into the
          HEAD of eacvh HTML page, setting the delay:

          The CONTENT followed by ";" sets the delay before the new page is
          called. I believe this only works in FULL seconds.

          The loop speed is dependant on your page load speed as well so it may be
          SLOW on older systems. (This isn't animation this is Page reloading or
          redirecting)

          --
          ~~

          Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

          "Just the facts, maam."
          Sgt. Joe Friday,
          LAPD Badge #714

          Do your civic duty, Know your candidates and
          VOTE for the candidate of your choice.

          Jimmy Hoffa, 1960
        • Jeff Scism

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 5 9:01 AM
              I did a three frame version of the redirect method

              http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~scismfam/peffley/photos/slideshow.htm

              The Other way would be to do it througha LOOP, but I think that would
              take frames or a virtual Include.
              --
              ~~

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 5 12:34 PM
                Excellent! This is just what I was looking for - a way to do it from within
                the pages.

                Each page is a separate html file and numbered consecutively, so it will be
                easy to include <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="10;url=newpage.html">
                then, start the page and walk away while it runs.

                Thanks again,
                -Mike