converting web pages to "slide shows"

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
      Can anyone tell me how to set up web pages to automatically jump to the
      This would be like a photo slide show slide show a graphics or Power Point
      program might have.

      I would like to have pages like this one: http://mbreiding.us/dunkard32804/
      automatically go from page to page so it can be viewed on a TV or
      projection screen without viewer interaction.

      Thanks,
      -Mike

    • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
        On 5/9/2004 08:56, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV invited the wrath of
        the gods by saying:

        >Can anyone tell me how to set up web pages to automatically jump to the
        >This would be like a photo slide show slide show a graphics or Power Point
        >program might have.
        >
        >I would like to have pages like this one: http://mbreiding.us/dunkard32804/
        >automatically go from page to page so it can be viewed on a TV or
        >projection screen without viewer interaction.

        Easy way: use the "refresh" trick.

        Insert inside the <head> section an element in the form:

        <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="10;url=newpage.html">

        Where the number after "content" is the number of seconds the page will
        be displayed before loading the next one, and the URI after that is the
        page which will be loaded after this one.

        --
        Marcelo de Castro Bastos
        -=-=-
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
          Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
          > Can anyone tell me how to set up web pages to automatically jump to the
          > This would be like a photo slide show slide show a graphics or Power Point
          > program might have.
          >
          > I would like to have pages like this one: http://mbreiding.us/dunkard32804/
          > automatically go from page to page so it can be viewed on a TV or
          > projection screen without viewer interaction.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > -Mike

          Mike,

          In terms of 'slide-show' type picture albums, Fookes software has 2
          programs, Album Express and Easy Imager, that create regular albums or
          slide-show type albums. The album output is in 'html', suitable for
          Webpages or CD's.

          Go to http://notetab.com/ and look down the left margin under 'Other
          Software'.

          hrs
        • Jeff Scism
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
            One way to do it ( refresh to a new page) is to put the code into the
            HEAD of eacvh HTML page, setting the delay:

            The CONTENT followed by ";" sets the delay before the new page is
            called. I believe this only works in FULL seconds.

            The loop speed is dependant on your page load speed as well so it may be
            SLOW on older systems. (This isn't animation this is Page reloading or
            redirecting)

            --
            ~~

            Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

            "Just the facts, maam."
            Sgt. Joe Friday,
            LAPD Badge #714

            Do your civic duty, Know your candidates and
            VOTE for the candidate of your choice.

            Jimmy Hoffa, 1960
          • Jeff Scism

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
                I did a three frame version of the redirect method

                http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~scismfam/peffley/photos/slideshow.htm

                The Other way would be to do it througha LOOP, but I think that would
                take frames or a virtual Include.
                --
                ~~

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
                  Excellent! This is just what I was looking for - a way to do it from within
                  the pages.

                  Each page is a separate html file and numbered consecutively, so it will be
                  easy to include <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="10;url=newpage.html">
                  then, start the page and walk away while it runs.

                  Thanks again,
                  -Mike