Re: [NH] another print question

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 4, 2004
      Fay wrote:
      >Yes. I should be leaving that out, I find (from the head-spinning page).
      >Instead, I should be keeping together the bits I don't want broken (e.g.
      >pictures).
      >It's page-break-inside:avoid
      >I didn't know that that existed.

      Before you get too excited, read the below. Will probably save a not
      insignificant area of Australian forest from destruction in your printer
      too! :-)

      <http://www.westciv.com/style_master/academy/browser_support/printing.html>
      <http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=PrintStylesheets>

      Lotta
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
        Can anyone tell me how to set up web pages to automatically jump to the
        This would be like a photo slide show slide show a graphics or Power Point
        program might have.

        I would like to have pages like this one: http://mbreiding.us/dunkard32804/
        automatically go from page to page so it can be viewed on a TV or
        projection screen without viewer interaction.

        Thanks,
        -Mike

      • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
          On 5/9/2004 08:56, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV invited the wrath of
          the gods by saying:

          >Can anyone tell me how to set up web pages to automatically jump to the
          >This would be like a photo slide show slide show a graphics or Power Point
          >program might have.
          >
          >I would like to have pages like this one: http://mbreiding.us/dunkard32804/
          >automatically go from page to page so it can be viewed on a TV or
          >projection screen without viewer interaction.

          Easy way: use the "refresh" trick.

          Insert inside the <head> section an element in the form:

          <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="10;url=newpage.html">

          Where the number after "content" is the number of seconds the page will
          be displayed before loading the next one, and the URI after that is the
          page which will be loaded after this one.

          --
          Marcelo de Castro Bastos
          -=-=-
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
            Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
            > Can anyone tell me how to set up web pages to automatically jump to the
            > This would be like a photo slide show slide show a graphics or Power Point
            > program might have.
            >
            > I would like to have pages like this one: http://mbreiding.us/dunkard32804/
            > automatically go from page to page so it can be viewed on a TV or
            > projection screen without viewer interaction.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > -Mike

            Mike,

            In terms of 'slide-show' type picture albums, Fookes software has 2
            programs, Album Express and Easy Imager, that create regular albums or
            slide-show type albums. The album output is in 'html', suitable for
            Webpages or CD's.

            Go to http://notetab.com/ and look down the left margin under 'Other
            Software'.

            hrs
          • Jeff Scism
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
              One way to do it ( refresh to a new page) is to put the code into the
              HEAD of eacvh HTML page, setting the delay:

              The CONTENT followed by ";" sets the delay before the new page is
              called. I believe this only works in FULL seconds.

              The loop speed is dependant on your page load speed as well so it may be
              SLOW on older systems. (This isn't animation this is Page reloading or
              redirecting)

              --
              ~~

              Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

              "Just the facts, maam."
              Sgt. Joe Friday,
              LAPD Badge #714

              Do your civic duty, Know your candidates and
              VOTE for the candidate of your choice.

              Jimmy Hoffa, 1960
            • Jeff Scism

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
                  I did a three frame version of the redirect method

                  http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~scismfam/peffley/photos/slideshow.htm

                  The Other way would be to do it througha LOOP, but I think that would
                  take frames or a virtual Include.
                  --
                  ~~

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
                    Excellent! This is just what I was looking for - a way to do it from within
                    the pages.

                    Each page is a separate html file and numbered consecutively, so it will be
                    easy to include <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="10;url=newpage.html">
                    then, start the page and walk away while it runs.

                    Thanks again,
                    -Mike