Re: failure delivery

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 23, 2004
      Jody,

      I do not know why, but my last two messages made it to the list, but
      both also sent me this message.

      I checked my bounce history for this address, and no bounces from this list.

      My last bounce was for a genealogy list in June and March, and one from
      January for AE.

      I think all of them were due to a full mailbox while I was on vacation.

      Larry Hamilton
      lmh@...
      My Webpage

      postmaster@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > Unable to deliver message to the following address(es) ntb-html@yahoogroups.com.
      >
      > Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have an
      > account
      >
      > --- Original message follows.
      >
      > Lee,
      >
      > Thanks, great article and lots more good sources!
      >
      > Larry Hamilton
      > lmh@...
      > My Webpage
      > http://members.tripod.com/~notlimah/index.htm
      >
      > Lee Underwood wrote:
      >
      >>Larry,
      >>
      >>I recently wrote an article on accessibility you might be interested in:
      >>"Accessibility and the Web"
      >>http://webreference.com/authoring/design/usability/accessibility/
      >>
      >>Lee
      >>
      >>At 8/22/04 05:47 PM, Larry Hamilton wrote:
      >>

      >>>I saw an article online last week about PriceLine and another travel
      >>>company making sure their websites are accessible.
      >>>
      >>>I had not done any investigating of changes to accessible web pages for
      >>>a few years, and discovered that what was okay a few years ago, does not
      >>> cut it.
    • Lee Underwood
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 24, 2004
        I also received the same response when I sent the message below yesterday.

        Lee

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 24, 2004
          Hi Larry,

          There is some spam/worm type thing on the list that has a way of
          capturing the mail (I suppose just his copy) and runs it through
          his program and then sends out the undeliverable message. It's
          obviously all automated. Julie G, and I have been looking in to
          it of/off, but cannot find the culprit doing it. The best you can
          do for now if just filter them to your spam box. We stopped one
          of them and there's one more besides the one you are getting if
          we didn't get it yet. It's real hard to find out the origination
          of it, because they are writing their own bogus header information.

          >I do not know why, but my last two messages made it to the list,
          >but both also sent me this message.
          >
          >I checked my bounce history for this address, and no bounces from
          >this list.
          >
          >My last bounce was for a genealogy list in June and March, and
          >one from January for AE.
          >
          >I think all of them were due to a full mailbox while I was on vacation.
          >
          >postmaster@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          >> Unable to deliver message to the following address(es) ntb-html@yahoogroups.com.
          >>
          >> Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have an
          >> account

          Happy html'n!

          www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
        • Karin Andersson
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 26, 2004
            Hi,

            Is there any possibility at all to let NoteTab highlight/color ASP and/or PHP code like it does with HTML code?
            Karin
          • Larry Hamilton
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 26, 2004
              Karin,

              There is a work-around, but only in NoteTab Pro and the trial version of
              Pro.

              Under View > Options on the HTML tab, you can enter file extensions that
              you want to see get HTML highlighting.

              You can add the PHP extensions (PHP, PHP3, PHTML, etc.) and the tags
              will get the HTML highlighting.

              This is not exactly what you want, but it is a work-around until NoteTab
              version 5, which will have custom syntax highlighting.

              There is no definite timetable for version 5.

              I have found using this method is enough to help with my PHP coding. I
              have tried some other editors, but they end up being full-blown IDEs
              geared towards doing it all with PHP or another language, and they tend
              to have so many bells and whisltes that it distracts from coding. No
              matter what else I try, I keep coming back to NoteTab.

              There are some specialized editors, like a lightweight Perl editor in
              perl-tk, for perl scripts, and other special purposes, but for
              all-around, get the job done, I love NoteTab.

              Larry Hamilton
              lmh@...
              My Webpage

              Karin Andersson wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > Is there any possibility at all to let NoteTab highlight/color ASP and/or PHP code like it does with HTML code?
              > Karin
            • Don - htmlfixit.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 26, 2004
                Karin Andersson wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > Is there any possibility at all to let NoteTab highlight/color ASP and/or PHP code like it does with HTML code?
                > Karin

                No, but you can use a third party or on-line highlighter. If I need
                highlighting that is what I do.
                You might see these two posts:
                http://htmlfixit.com/don_and_franki_news_blog_on_htmlfixit_dot_com/index.php?p=34
                http://htmlfixit.com/don_and_franki_news_blog_on_htmlfixit_dot_com/index.php?p=78

                One is for a piece of software recently discussed here and the other is
                for an online highlighter.

                This will be available in the next major release of notetab, but that
                has been pending all of two years and no release date is imminent. I
                honestly think this is the single greatest flaw in this software, and I
                suspect market share is shifting as a result of it's non-availability.
                For us old time users, the power offsets the shortcoming, but for newer
                users, their are syntax highlighted options available in a comparable
                (on the surface) product.
              • Rudolf Horbas
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 27, 2004
                  Hi Don and Karin,

                  Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
                  > No, but you can use a third party or on-line highlighter. If I need
                  > highlighting that is what I do.
                  > You might see these two posts:
                  > http://htmlfixit.com/don_and_franki_news_blog_on_htmlfixit_dot_com/index.php?p=34
                  > http://htmlfixit.com/don_and_franki_news_blog_on_htmlfixit_dot_com/index.php?p=78
                  >
                  > One is for a piece of software recently discussed here and the other is
                  > for an online highlighter.

                  The online utility doesn't seem to do much more than using the php
                  function highlight_file(), which anybody could use themselves on their code.
                  Beware of uploading files with passwords, database information etc. to
                  this service!!!1!

                  As of php syntax highlighting, the method to have php files highlighted
                  in NTP as html is rather confusing -- the highlighting is far from being
                  correct.

                  I know of a couple good free php editors (IDEs):
                  * Weaverslave:
                  http://www.weaverslave.ws/de/index.php?redirect=1
                  * Maguma Studio free
                  http://www.maguma.com/

                  ... and my favourite, Komodo:
                  http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/

                  ... but that's not free, not even cheap.

                  But you might aswell wait for NoteTab 5, to bring this back on topic ...

                  Rudi
                • Karin Andersson
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 27, 2004
                    Hi Larry,

                    That only highlights the HTML tags in files with i.e. ASP extension, not the ASP-part ( like <%=strMinTextFil.ReadLine%>). It would be nice with a way to highlight everyting between <% and %>.

                    But as my customer already says that he loves NoteTab Pro, I think that I can persuade him to stay with it:-)

                    Thanks,
                    Karin

                    *********** URSPRUNGLIGT BREV ***********