Off Topic - Notetabe question: Search and replace question

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22 9:09 AM
      Greetings,

      Is it possible to force NT to return the cursor to the point at which S& R
      was started once the routine is finished?

      Currently, if I run a search and replace the cursor ends up at the bottom
      of the page, not where I started the S&R.

      However, this does not *always* happen.

      Thanks,
      -Mike

    • melchior prisi
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22 1:47 PM
        Hi Mike,

        ----- on 22.08.2004 18:09 Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        > Is it possible to force NT to return the cursor to the point at which S& R
        > was started once the routine is finished?

        If you do search&replace with a clip, then you can store
        the cursor position in a variable:

        ^!set %position%=^$getrow$:^$getcol$

        Now let the clip do what it has to do
        and at last set the cursor back to where it was:

        ^!setcursor ^%position%

        Regards,

        Melchior

        --