RE: [NH] "failure delivery" in addition to "Your confirmation is needed" . . .

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
      I think you're on target, which is why I just set up a rule to delete that
      languaging.

      Thank goodness so many Spammers or virus senders have a pretty bad handle on
      English. I delete things that offer or ask for "informations," "failure
      delivery" "my account verifications," etc.
      Christine
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
        Hi All,

        I need to get one of the bounce backs to study it a bit. Please
        don't reply to this and the others since we are all aware now and
        it is just adding a lot of mail on the lists. Please change the
        Subject lines at least to what the messages are about. I'll be
        looking into and Julie might already know something.

        Take care,
        Jody Adair

        and even thou doest err some!
        http://clean-funnies.com
        http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
      • Julie
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
          Not sure what this is... and doing a search through the member list
          don't see an address who this could be.

          Weird.

          Now let's see if I get something or if comcast correctly calls it as
          spam and doesn't let me see it!

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
            Hi Julie,

            It was join-ezine...@... or something like that, but if you
            go to ezine.com (?) you end up at http://emailuniverse.com/ezine-
            tips/ whish is where the headers on my server show that some of the
            spam comes from right after I post:

            @...

            Now to search for the others! If anybody has some close starting
            dates of when you first started receiving these it would help.
            Please reply to me at owner-ntb-html@yahoogroups.com and Julie in
            private eMail. See her post for her eMail address.

            or something

            >Not sure what this is... and doing a search through the member list
            >don't see an address who this could be.

            Happy Topics,
            Jody

            The NoteTab Off-Topic List
            All Fookes Software mailing lists:
            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
          • Ed Brown
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
              I am on Comcast and get all the need your confirmation emails. So far I
              only received one bounce back and that last week and since then no
              more. I like Thunderbird it is a very lite package and does a decent
              job. I have Outlook but never considered using it. In fact I know
              nothing about it. I hope comcast leaves their spam filter off or set
              very low. I prefer to stop my own spam. I have learned a great deal
              today about Thunderbird (a Mozilla derivative.) and right now I need to
              make some changes for I have all the Notetab lists going into the Junk
              folder. But they are easy to remove.
              Ed

              Julie wrote:

              > Not sure what this is... and doing a search through the member list
              > don't see an address who this could be.
              >
              > Weird.
              >
              > Now let's see if I get something or if comcast correctly calls it as
              > spam and doesn't let me see it!
              >
              > --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
              > > Hi All,
              > >
              > > I need to get one of the bounce backs to study it a bit. Please
              > > don't reply to this and the others since we are all aware now and
              > > it is just adding a lot of mail on the lists. Please change the
              > > Subject lines at least to what the messages are about. I'll be
              > > looking into and Julie might already know something.
              >

              > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
              > click here
              > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1299kvqk5/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=1705375618:HM/EXP=1092521871/A=2164331/R=0/SIG=11eaelai9/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183351>

            • Julie
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
                Hi Jody,

                I have seen addresses such as these attempt to post to the list and
                unsubscribed them, but I didn't realize they'd gotten to the point
                where they were sending mail to both the list address and the personal
                email address.

                Aye yi yi...
                (leaving this offtopic subject behind... or going to private mail <G>)