Re: [NH] Tidy Error Report

  • Scott Fordin
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 13, 2004
      Rudolf Horbas wrote:
      > sisterscape wrote:
      >
      >>Agreed. When I Tidy a document and there are errors, I always undo the
      >>changes Tidy made and correct them manually one by one. This may seem
      >>like a waste of time but after dealing with a few "bigger,
      >>harder-to-fix messes", I decided it's well worth the effort.

      Tidy is very nice, but FWIW I use CSE HTML Validator Pro
      (http://htmlvalidator.com) for my code checking. To me,
      it's far and away the best reasonably priced validator
      for the Windows platform. One big thing is that I usually
      don't want my code "tidied" (I'm pretty anal about it
      already), but I just want it validated.

      That said, as others have noted, errors do indeed tend to
      cascade, so fixing errors near the start of the file often
      resolves errors later in the doc. It's a not a Tide issue,
      per se, and just about any validator will show errors that
      are a result of cascading issues.

      Scott