Re: Your confirmation is needed

  • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 12, 2004
      I have been noticing that, every time I send a message to the
      Notetab-HTML list, a few minutes later I get a message like this:

      >Please reply to this email message to confirm your subscription to
      >ezine-tips-text-weekly.
      >
      >Your email address has been entered for a subscription to the
      >ezine-tips-text-weekly mailing list. However, your new subscription requires
      >a confirmation that you received this email message and want
      >to join this mailing list.
      >
      >If you do not want to join, do nothing. You will be automatically
      >removed.
      >
      >To confirm that you do want to join, simply reply to this message.
      >Make sure that your message is addressed to
      >email-confirm-xxxxxxx@...
      >
      >To unsubscribe immediately, you send an email message to
      >leave-ezine-tips-text-weekly-xxxxxxx@...

      Now, this is just plain annoying. I think someone subscribed to
      Notetab-HTML using the special "subscribe" e-mail address for that
      ezine-tips-text-weekly list. I don't know if that's just an honest
      mistake or if this is a new spamming tactic; but I'm asking for the
      list-owner to look into this, if possible.

      --
      Marcelo de Castro Bastos
    • Ed Brown
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 12, 2004
        You know I thought it was just me but for the last two days I am getting
        a ton of those messages. It really is annoying. If I switch back to
        Outlook Express I can get rid of them easily, but it is still very
        annoying.
        Ed

        Marcelo de Castro Bastos wrote:

        > I have been noticing that, every time I send a message to the
        > Notetab-HTML list, a few minutes later I get a message like this:
        >
        > >Please reply to this email message to confirm your subscription to
        > >ezine-tips-text-weekly.
        > >
        > >Your email address has been entered for a subscription to the
        > >ezine-tips-text-weekly mailing list. However, your new subscription
        > requires
        > >a confirmation that you received this email message and want
        > >to join this mailing list.
        > >
        > >If you do not want to join, do nothing. You will be automatically
        > >removed.
        > >
        > >To confirm that you do want to join, simply reply to this message.
        > >Make sure that your message is addressed to
        > >email-confirm-xxxxxxx@...
        > >
        > >To unsubscribe immediately, you send an email message to
        > >leave-ezine-tips-text-weekly-xxxxxxx@...
        > >

        > Now, this is just plain annoying. I think someone subscribed to
        > Notetab-HTML using the special "subscribe" e-mail address for that
        > ezine-tips-text-weekly list. I don't know if that's just an honest
        > mistake or if this is a new spamming tactic; but I'm asking for the
        > list-owner to look into this, if possible.
        >
        > --
        > Marcelo de Castro Bastos
        >

        > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
        > click here
        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129q0ho63/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=1705375618:HM/EXP=1092451567/A=2164331/R=0/SIG=11eaelai9/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183351>

      • sisterscape
        Message 3 of 26 , Aug 12, 2004
          Well, me too. Since I don't post that often, it hasn't been much of a
          hassle for me but for prolific posters . . . ouch!

          --- Ed Brown <ebrown1927@...> wrote:

          > You know I thought it was just me but for the last two days I am
          > getting
          > a ton of those messages. It really is annoying. If I switch back to
          > Outlook Express I can get rid of them easily, but it is still very
          > annoying.
          > Ed
          >
          > Marcelo de Castro Bastos wrote:
          >
          > > I have been noticing that, every time I send a message to the
          > > Notetab-HTML list, a few minutes later I get a message like this:
          > >
          > > >Please reply to this email message to confirm your subscription to
          > > >ezine-tips-text-weekly.
          > > >
          > > >Your email address has been entered for a subscription to the
          > > >ezine-tips-text-weekly mailing list. However, your new
          > subscription
          > > requires
          > > >a confirmation that you received this email message and want
          > > >to join this mailing list.
          > > >
          > > >If you do not want to join, do nothing. You will be automatically
          > > >removed.
          > > >
          > > >To confirm that you do want to join, simply reply to this message.
          > > >Make sure that your message is addressed to
          > > >email-confirm-xxxxxxx@...
          > > >
          > > >To unsubscribe immediately, you send an email message to
          > > >leave-ezine-tips-text-weekly-xxxxxxx@...
          > > >

          > > Now, this is just plain annoying. I think someone subscribed to
          > > Notetab-HTML using the special "subscribe" e-mail address for
          > that
          > > ezine-tips-text-weekly list. I don't know if that's just an
          > honest
          > > mistake or if this is a new spamming tactic; but I'm asking for
          > the
          > > list-owner to look into this, if possible.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Marcelo de Castro Bastos

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Rudolf Horbas
          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
            Marcelo de Castro Bastos wrote:

            > I have been noticing that, every time I send a message to the
            > Notetab-HTML list, a few minutes later I get a message like this:
            >
            >> (...)
            >
            > Now, this is just plain annoying. I think someone subscribed to
            > Notetab-HTML using the special "subscribe" e-mail address for that
            > ezine-tips-text-weekly list. I don't know if that's just an honest
            > mistake or if this is a new spamming tactic; but I'm asking for the
            > list-owner to look into this, if possible.

            Just got 4 of them.
            I'm sure it's a new spamming scam. Very clever! :-{

            Rudi
            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
              Rudolf Horbas wrote:
              >Marcelo de Castro Bastos wrote:
              >
              > > I have been noticing that, every time I send a message to the
              > > Notetab-HTML list, a few minutes later I get a message like this:
              >
              >Just got 4 of them.
              >I'm sure it's a new spamming scam. Very clever! :-{

              Why don't I get any? I feel left out now.

              Lotta
            • Rudolf Horbas
              Message 6 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
                loro wrote:

                > Why don't I get any? I feel left out now.

                Maybe Your provider got spam filters that classify the mail as spam?
                (My provider's filters let the mails pass.)

                Aaaahh, this mail is gonna trigger another of their mails ... Hey
                spammer scum, if You're reading this: Go away! We don't want You here!

                Rudi
                Message 7 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
                  Rudolf Horbas wrote:
                  > > Why don't I get any? I feel left out now.
                  >
                  >Maybe Your provider got spam filters that classify the mail as spam?
                  >(My provider's filters let the mails pass.)

                  I did get one now! Wow, I'm part of the gang again. Is it only on NTH?
                  Maybe I haven't posted here in a while.

                  My provider has non-working spam filters over which I have no control,
                  moronic virus filters that make whole emails disappear in thin air if
                  someone attaches an exe and forget to zip. Now they've blocked port 25 too
                  so I can't use superior email sevices. I'm changing ISP, so you won't have
                  to deal with my "spammy" email address much longer. ;-)

                  Yahoo also sent me this in response to my post.

                  >From: postmaster@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: failure delivery
                  >To: loro-spam01-@...
                  >Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 02:43:00 -0700
                  >
                  >Unable to deliver message to the following address(es)
                  >ntb-html@yahoogroups.com.
                  >Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have an
                  >account

                  I have too! So there.

                  Lotta
                • Rudolf Horbas
                  Message 8 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
                    loro wrote:
                    > Yahoo also sent me this in response to my post.

                    >>From: postmaster@yahoogroups.com
                    >>Subject: failure delivery
                    >>To: loro-spam01-@...
                    >>Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 02:43:00 -0700
                    >>
                    >>Unable to deliver message to the following address(es)
                    >>ntb-html@yahoogroups.com.
                    >>Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have an
                    >>account

                    I get the same in reply for every post ... And I thought it was just me.
                    That's not really comforting. Something seems to be wrong in the Yahoo
                    list system.

                    Rudi
                  • Christine
                    Message 9 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
                      Ed, there is no reason to switch back to such a miserably unsafe,
                      virus-susceptible program such as OE.
                      All mail programs have filters you can use until this is straightened out.
                      Don't set yourself up as such a target by using OE by choice. I can help
                      you with Outlook (Contacts have never been targeted, where the Address book
                      is the normal vehicle for spreading a lot of the viruses in the past), where
                      others can help you with some of the other email programs such as Netscape,
                      Mozilla, Eudora, etc.

                      Christine
                    • Ed Brown
                      Message 10 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
                        Christine,
                        I have never had any problem with O.E., I have a good virus program and
                        ZA and am pretty well protected. But just to be sure I started using
                        Thunderbird the first of the month. It does not have a "block sender"
                        as OE does, or at least I have not found it yet. And I have not yet
                        found out to control the junk mail filter or the message filters.
                        Probably because I do not have enough time to investigate them fully.. I
                        do need to do that right away. Thanks for your offer and if you know how
                        to set up Thunderbirds message filters and the junk mail filter any help
                        would be greatly appreciated. I tried the junk mail filter yesterday and
                        apparently all that did was mark them as they kept coming through.

                        Ed

                        Christine wrote:

                        > Ed, there is no reason to switch back to such a miserably unsafe,
                        > virus-susceptible program such as OE.
                        > All mail programs have filters you can use until this is straightened out.
                        > Don't set yourself up as such a target by using OE by choice. I can help
                        > you with Outlook (Contacts have never been targeted, where the Address
                        > book
                        > is the normal vehicle for spreading a lot of the viruses in the past),
                        > where
                        > others can help you with some of the other email programs such as
                        > Netscape,
                        > Mozilla, Eudora, etc.
                        >
                        > Christine
                        >

                        > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
                        > click here
                        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1293i16k9/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=1705375618:HM/EXP=1092490671/A=2164330/R=0/SIG=11eamf8g4/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183350>

                      • Christine
                        Message 11 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
                          I am afraid I don't know about Thunderbird.

                          Ed, just because you >>have never had any problems with OE<< does not change
                          the fact that many, many viruses are set to target the Windows Address Book,
                          which is where OE stores addresses. Outlook itself uses Contacts, which to
                          date have not been effected. (Give them time.) A >>good virus program<< is
                          no protection from human error, and all it takes is too quick a look and
                          thinking something is from a name or place we know and heretofore trust to
                          kick in one of those awful messages and their virulent behavior.

                          Perhaps someone here will help you with Thunderbird.

                          Christine
                        • rbmooney
                          Message 12 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
                            Do you mean to say, Christine, that we have additional things to worry about when using OE? Your line that reads, in part, "until this is straightened out" refers to what exactly. And how can you help with OE if Gates et al continue to "'mess with it." I use OE but I also have many defensive programs running in the background. Is that what you're talking about? My ISP (Bellsouth.net) is very poor about working with their customers and anti-spam technique and their very inept anti-spam blocker. They block very little. I will soon be changing ISP's. Thanks.

                            Blake
                            rbmooney

                            Message 13 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
                              Like Lotta I wasn't getting them - maybe this will trigger one :-( :-)

                              re the >> Subject: failure delivery. I don't get that *touch wood* but even
                              worse IMO is when my ISP kicks back an email (usually one with an "valid"
                              attachment from other groups that use them somewhat legitimately) and then
                              yahoo-puts me in hard-bounce and a couple of days later I notice and have to
                              go read mail on the web to catch up.

                              Regards ... Alec

                              Message 14 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
                                I was referring to the ezine responses and Yahoo! rejection notices.
                                I never give a damn about OE and figure those who are told the risks and
                                continue to use it deserve what they get. However, their email targets do
                                not. I never said I could or would help with that. I said I can help with
                                Outlook, as in the full, separate PIM, vs. OE the newsgroup reader
                                integrated into IE. Have you ever thought about why so many ISPs use OE as
                                their shell? Its because it is so easy to program/manipulate around,
                                through, into, and with.

                                Rather than changing ISPs -- although why not? They do stink -- I would
                                look into a decent Personal Information Manager (PIM) to help avoid some of
                                the things that OE makes so easier for spammers, virus creators, etc.

                                Just my opinion and experience talking.

                                Christine
                                Message 15 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
                                  Hi Christine,

                                  Please refrain from cussing and belittling others. TIA

                                  >...OE and figure those who are told the risks and continue to use
                                  >it deserve what they get.

                                  Happy html'n!

                                  www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
                                • John Zeman
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
                                    --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
                                    > Hi Christine,
                                    >
                                    > Please refrain from cussing and belittling others. TIA

                                    Jody with all due respect, I do believe you have been using very poor
                                    judgement this week in managing the NoteTab groups.

                                    I have been a member of the NoteTab forums now for about 4 years, I
                                    know the rules, and I'm sure Christine knows the rules as well.

                                    Yet you've publicly admonished the both of us this week, and I see no
                                    reason why either admonishment was warranted.

                                    On the basic board, I simply did what you and the others did not do.
                                    I actually answered Mr. John Fitzsimons question within the
                                    parameters he asked it. True, I mentioned regular expressions, but I
                                    did not go into any detail about them.

                                    What did I get for my efforts?

                                    A public embarrassment from you.

                                    The ultimate insult was when you said you've already accepted the
                                    apology I'll never give you.

                                    And now you have done almost the same thing to Christine, albeit for
                                    a different thing.

                                    Unless you remove me, I'm still going to remain a member of these
                                    forums, although I don't have any reason to stay here other than to
                                    fulfill my desire to help others learn this incredible NoteTab tool.
                                    Right now, I really don't feel much like contributing however. And
                                    my guess is, Christine won't feel very motivated to help others out
                                    now either.

                                    And finally, I never would have posted this publicly, but public
                                    whippings seem to be your chosen method of discipline these days so
                                    I'm putting my rebuttal out for all to see as well.

                                    I do apologize, I just needed to vent. I have no grudge against you,
                                    but I think you have made some amazingly poor judgments lately.

                                    John Zeman
                                  • Christine
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
                                      Belittle?
                                      Sorry if the truth strikes a cord with someone who chooses to use OE then
                                      whines about it. (Not that Ed or Blake were whining.) It is like moving in
                                      next to an airport and complaining about the traffic, moving to CA and
                                      complaining about the earthquakes, or Florida and their hurricanes. At
                                      least in my opinion. Belittle? No. To belittle is to make fun of someone
                                      for something they can do nothing about. That, I was not doing and would
                                      not.

                                      Bell South is overwhelmingly crappy around here, which is also a statement
                                      of opinion and unfortunately all to frequently, fact.

                                      So I am sorry about the 'd@mn' word. I should have used the word 'darned'.
                                      I live in Washington, DC and should be used to the PC police and living in
                                      fear of potential, usually unrealized offences. No, actually I'm lying. I
                                      am not sorry, but I will consider your interesting choice and venue of
                                      reprimand and will not use the word (here) again.

                                      So, as list honcho, I'm glad to finally see you're gonna do something about
                                      the actual topic of these threads. The Ezine autoresponse and the Yahoo!
                                      rejection notice? I wondered that it has gone on so long, seemingly without
                                      being addressed.

                                      TIA to you, too! :)
                                      Christine

                                      Please refrain from cussing and belittling others. TIA

                                      >...OE and figure those who are told the risks and continue to use
                                      >it deserve what they get.

                                      Happy html'n!
                                      Jody
                                    • rbmooney
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Aug 13, 2004
                                        Neil,
                                        It's getting easier for me to tell when these programmers have had a bad day. Christine is well known as a very original coder but she seldom got riled until late. She blows up when someone brings up politicians--she wants them all in stockades--but esp. the zaniness of the US Gov't's priorities. She also is the one with a personal civil lawsuit against Gates et al about their sloppy coding of OE and the gross "broken code" gaps that are common knowledge to every high school hacker. She told me she now limts her daily production to 90 lines of code--take it or leave it, she tells the others at YAHOO. A very sardonic woman.
                                        Blake
                                        rbmooney

                                        Please refrain from cussing and belittling others. TIA

                                        >...OE and figure those who are told the risks and continue to use
                                        >it deserve what they get.

                                        Happy html'n!
                                        Jody

                                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                      • Christine
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Aug 14, 2004
                                          It is hard to tell when someone is joking without emoticons, so I must
                                          assume you're not.
                                          You have e confused, totally, with someone else!
                                          Blow up I do not, rant, perhaps. I don't care about the government unless
                                          they invade my or someone else's bedroom. I have no suit, might code more or
                                          less that 90 lines of code -- if I code at all, since I'm also not known at
                                          all as any type of coder at all.
                                          Exchange Admin, Yoga teacher, Bartender, Gardener, Pet Rescue-er and Owner?
                                          Yes. All you mentioned, some of which Id love to be, no.

                                          Christine

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Aug 14, 2004
                                            Hi Christine,
                                            As for me no offense taken. But you are right even if you are politely
                                            trying to tell someone to shove it, you need to do it with a smile at
                                            least. ;-> an emoticon that is. I am sorry to hear that BellSouth is
                                            not the same there as it is here. I had the greater support from
                                            BellSouth than other ISP that I have ever been with. But then I am way
                                            down in MS perhaps that is the reason. And if I prefer OE for various
                                            or any reason that is my personal choice. But because it is a potential
                                            virus nest I have dropped it and IE also. But they sure had some good
                                            features that I miss.

                                            I am also trying to get Mandrake 10 working but until it performs as
                                            easily as Microsoft OSes then I will stick with MS because it takes too
                                            long to perform the same job when using Linux. I do not have the luxury
                                            of taking longer to do a job. If Linux ever wants to hit on all
                                            cylinders it will have to work as easily as does Microsoft. I have
                                            downloaded apps in Linux and still have not been able to get them
                                            working. You ask a Linux expert what you need to do and all they will
                                            say is google it. Heck, if I had time to google it I would not have
                                            asked in the first place. When I download app or program and can simply
                                            click on it to get it to work then I will take a longer look at Linux.
                                            Until then, it just another toy to play with imnsho. :-!
                                            Kindest Regards
                                            Ed

                                            Christine wrote:

                                            > It is hard to tell when someone is joking without emoticons, so I must
                                            > assume you're not.
                                            > You have e confused, totally, with someone else!
                                            > Blow up I do not, rant, perhaps. I don't care about the government unless
                                            > they invade my or someone else's bedroom. I have no suit, might code
                                            > more or
                                            > less that 90 lines of code -- if I code at all, since I'm also not
                                            > known at
                                            > all as any type of coder at all.
                                            > Exchange Admin, Yoga teacher, Bartender, Gardener, Pet Rescue-er and
                                            > Owner?
                                            > Yes. All you mentioned, some of which Id love to be, no.
                                            >
                                            > Christine
                                          • Christine
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Aug 14, 2004
                                              What a vicious circle, Ed! I would throw some of the MS products over in a
                                              heartbeat, too, if other things were as smoothly integrated and/or actually
                                              worked. I was fiddling with an old copy of OS2 the other day. Almost --
                                              but not quite -- missed the simplicity of it and Windows 3.1 for a quick
                                              moment. Then I got over it. Being a hardware geek (not the programmer
                                              Blake thought I was), I don't miss I/O fiddling, and think PnP is a huge
                                              improvement IF you know how to tweak it.

                                              I wonder what makes one a Linux expert? An expertise in Googling? In that
                                              case, we would all be considered experts. What you described is as
                                              frustration as a MS or some so-called support person demanding you reboot
                                              when it is TOTAllY unnecessary.

                                              So it goes....

                                              Christine
                                            • rbmooney
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Aug 14, 2004
                                                Christine,
                                                Yes...I apologize for the errors in my original message. I meant the email for another though agreeing with 90% of your statement. The other person was or is a programmer and your email reminded me of her. All this took place while a fellow NTer and I were running comparison checks on his super machine and I was performing the same "test" on my "closeted" TRS80 using their software TRSDOS as in "TRSDOS-READY." We had to type in a 500 word poem and a 2-column list of numbers. He had massive memory and speed, I had 64K memory and, as Einstein said: 'All things are relative and go by comparison,' some speed through the simplicity of design and simple barebones capacity of my $3500 Tandy "prize." I type about 70 wpm, he does about the same. As I sped along I kept reminding myself that I had written my best novel on this same "Trash80," and that he would be slowed by the complexity of his behemoth like a bull in a china closet. I got nervous as I raced through the text portion and tackled the 2-columns of numbers. So I thought of Neil Armstrong landing on the moon using just such a "computer" as the one I was "testing." I finally completed the test in just under 9 minutes. The honor system prevailed and we sent emails the instant either finished depending on the email time stamp for authentication. About 2 minutes later he replied and said "Well...when I hit that ENTER key while in the database, brought the columns over to WORD, I staggered a bit. Lost some time there. But with rehearsals I know I can beat your socks off. And I'd toast you in graphics!" I reminded him that that wasn't the purpose of the test. We're still good friends. My point was that it only took 64K to write a novel. The reason this is so is because the human brain can only think up fictional problems and solutions so fast: the computer is actually irrelevant to a writer as far as creativity goes. Except--that a basic and simple computer and word processor makes it so much easier on the writer by it's inability to "intrude on one's thoughts." The simple basic ideas have nothing to do in that department. There's the key. Friends build 64K machines as gifts around here and some are pretty good for $50-$65 price range. They're 6" by 8" by 3" in OS measurement. So I'll order a huge case next week and will anchor one of these jewels onto the floor of the unit and install 3 huge fans for proper sound effect. Reinstalling TRSDOS will be simple. Much easier than the "test." Here, for historical purposes and "The Rare Old Times" is a list of ERROR messages one encountered when using the famous Model 4 TRS80:

                                                ERROR CODES Copyright © 1998 Pete Cervasio
                                                The following is a list of the TRSDOS/LS-DOS error codes.

                                                00 No error
                                                01 Parity error during header read
                                                02 Seek error during read
                                                03 Lost data during read
                                                04 Parity error during read
                                                05 Data record not found during read

                                                06 Attempted to read system data record
                                                07 Attempted to read locked/deleted data record
                                                08 Device not available
                                                09 Parity error during header write
                                                10 Seek error during write

                                                11 Lost data during write
                                                12 Parity error during write
                                                13 Data record not found during write
                                                14 Write fault on disk drive
                                                15 Write protected disk

                                                16 Illegal logical file number
                                                17 Directory read error
                                                18 Directory write error
                                                19 Illegal file name
                                                20 GAT read error

                                                21 GAT write error
                                                22 HIT read error
                                                23 HIT write error
                                                24 File not in directory
                                                25 File access denied

                                                26 No directory space available
                                                27 Disk space full
                                                28 End of file encountered
                                                29 Record number out of range
                                                30 Directory full - can't extend file

                                                31 Program not found
                                                32 Illegal drive number
                                                33 No device space available
                                                34 Load file format error

                                                37 Illegal access attempted to protected file
                                                38 File not open
                                                39 Device in use
                                                40 Protected system device

                                                41 File already open
                                                42 Logical record length open fault
                                                43 SVC parameter error
                                                44 Parameter error

                                                63 Extended error
                                                -- Unknown error code
                                                Blake
                                                rbmooney

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Aug 14, 2004
                                                  Christine wrote:
                                                  [ . . ]
                                                  > I wonder what makes one a Linux expert? [ . . ] What you described is as
                                                  > frustration [ . . ].

                                                  two camps. 1. the Linux geek to whom it not matter, nothing to
                                                  advertise, etc. knows the value of Linux but well, say, is impatient,
                                                  not at all into recruiting. 2. Mandrake, Red Hat, Suse, and some others
                                                  (not all distributions) a desktop movement in direction of Linux on the
                                                  desktop (to perhaps be another and/or/also alternate to the platform
                                                  from Redmond)

                                                  I use both of Win and *nix. I think each have its own niche. I'm yet
                                                  to try out Notetab to be running on a Win simulator but ultimately on Linux

                                                  http://www.linuxquestions.org

                                                  ## Slashdot
                                                  "http://slashdot.org/slashdot.rdf" => "slashdot.rdf",
                                                  ## internet-news

                                                  "http://www.internetnews.com/icom_includes/feeds/inews/xml_front-10.xml"
                                                  => "internet-news.rdf",
                                                  ## Linux Today
                                                  "http://linuxtoday.com/backend/my-netscape.rdf" => "linuxtoday.rdf",
                                                  ## Linux Planet
                                                  "http://www.linuxplanet.com/rss" => "linuxplanet.rdf",
                                                  ## Desktop Linux
                                                  "http://www.desktoplinux.com/backend/headlines.rdf" =>
                                                  "dsktoplinux.rdf",
                                                  ## OS News
                                                  "http://www.osnews.com/files/recent.rdf" => "osnews.rdf",

                                                  feed=http://osdir.com/backend2.php?cat=205;OsDir-Perl;1
                                                  feed=http://www.linux.com/index.rss;Linux-dot-com;1
                                                  feed=http://rootprompt.org/rss/;Root-Prompt-org;1
                                                  feed=http://www.lockergnome.com/rss/linux.php;lGnome-Linux;1
                                                  --
                                                  I snagged those from my two rss news clients my Linux machine. Each
                                                  also has a web site if want to use web browser instead of rss client.
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Aug 14, 2004
                                                    Play around with Linux and WINE I did get Notetab up and running but I
                                                    did not try any thing much, just wrote a basic HTML program and it
                                                    worked. It would be great if Linux would come on so you could just
                                                    click on a program and have it open. But time is of an essence with me
                                                    and I do not.
                                                    Ed

                                                  • sisterscape
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Aug 14, 2004
                                                      I'm a wannabe Linux user too. Have it installed on a second computer
                                                      and play with it off and on but . . . the steep learning curve has kept
                                                      me from using it as my primary system. Maybe one of these days . . .

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Aug 15, 2004
                                                        That is my problem, too, sisterscape.
                                                        I can fix a Windows problem faster than I can each myself to use linux. The
                                                        devil you know ....

                                                        Christine