Re: [NH] Tidy error

  • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 12, 2004
      On 12/8/2004 22:32, Ed Brown invited the wrath of the gods by saying:

      >Hi everyone,
      >I get the following Tidy error report. But I checked with Find Next and
      >each Span Style was properly closed. Can anyone tell me why I get these
      >errors? They are not there on the page.
      >Ed
      >
      >line 64 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
      >line 72 column 137 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
      >line 87 column 183 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
      >line 98 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
      >line 116 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
      >line 126 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
      >line 136 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
      >line 163 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>

      It might be because WHERE the <span> was closed. I would have to have
      a look at the code to get a better idea, but generally speaking,

      --
      Marcelo de Castro Bastos
    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
        I am getting an error message from the postmaster@yahoogroups.com with
        every post even though my posts are appearing correctly on the list:

        "Unable to deliver message to the following address(es)
        ntb-html@yahoogroups.com.

        Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have an
        account"

        This started at the same time as the confirmation spam so might be
        related?

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Rudolf Horbas
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
          sisterscape wrote:

          > I am getting an error message from the postmaster@yahoogroups.com with
          > every post even though my posts are appearing correctly on the list:
          >
          > "Unable to deliver message to the following address(es)
          > ntb-html@yahoogroups.com.
          >
          > Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have an
          > account"
          >
          > This started at the same time as the confirmation spam so might be
          > related?

          Yep, x-actly the same here ...

          I'm not alone! <*sigh*>

          Seriously: This can take the fun out of the list. 'cos everytime You
          post, it's like: "Oh my god, something's wrong with my account ... Have
          I made a dumb mistake? Maybe I shouldn't post at all?"

          Well, thats how an over-considerate mind like mine sometimes ticks ;-)

          I have a strange feeling about those "failure delivery" (shouldn't this
          read "delivery failure"?) ... I've come across that Indy Library in the
          mail header before. It appears to be a MS-Library that is often abused
          for mail address harvesting bots by spammers -- check Your access logs
          or this:
          http://www.google.com/search?q=indy+library+harvesting

          Another suspicious thing in the mail header of the "failure deliveries"
          is this:

          (cox.net is an US-provider which Yahoo! probably wouldn't use -- I mean,
          they'd have their own server farms.)

          All other Yahoo! mails have the EHLO:

          I mean, _anyone_ can send a mail with
          From: postmaster@yahoogroups.com

          Can anyone with more knowledge of mail headers confirm this? Or am I
          paranoid?

          Rudi
        • sisterscape
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
            At least this junk is being routed to my bulk/spam folder but I agree,
            it is unsettling. Doesn't someone have to have access to the ntb-html
            list to generate this annoyance? Maybe a housecleaning is in order!

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Christine
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
              I think you're on target, which is why I just set up a rule to delete that
              languaging.

              Thank goodness so many Spammers or virus senders have a pretty bad handle on
              English. I delete things that offer or ask for "informations," "failure
              delivery" "my account verifications," etc.
              Christine
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
                Hi All,

                I need to get one of the bounce backs to study it a bit. Please
                don't reply to this and the others since we are all aware now and
                it is just adding a lot of mail on the lists. Please change the
                Subject lines at least to what the messages are about. I'll be
                looking into and Julie might already know something.

                Take care,
                Jody Adair

                and even thou doest err some!
                http://clean-funnies.com
                http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
              • Julie
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
                  Not sure what this is... and doing a search through the member list
                  don't see an address who this could be.

                  Weird.

                  Now let's see if I get something or if comcast correctly calls it as
                  spam and doesn't let me see it!

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
                    Hi Julie,

                    It was join-ezine...@... or something like that, but if you
                    go to ezine.com (?) you end up at http://emailuniverse.com/ezine-
                    tips/ whish is where the headers on my server show that some of the
                    spam comes from right after I post:

                    @...

                    Now to search for the others! If anybody has some close starting
                    dates of when you first started receiving these it would help.
                    Please reply to me at owner-ntb-html@yahoogroups.com and Julie in
                    private eMail. See her post for her eMail address.

                    or something

                    >Not sure what this is... and doing a search through the member list
                    >don't see an address who this could be.

                    Happy Topics,
                    Jody

                    The NoteTab Off-Topic List
                    All Fookes Software mailing lists:
                    http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
                  • Ed Brown
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
                      I am on Comcast and get all the need your confirmation emails. So far I
                      only received one bounce back and that last week and since then no
                      more. I like Thunderbird it is a very lite package and does a decent
                      job. I have Outlook but never considered using it. In fact I know
                      nothing about it. I hope comcast leaves their spam filter off or set
                      very low. I prefer to stop my own spam. I have learned a great deal
                      today about Thunderbird (a Mozilla derivative.) and right now I need to
                      make some changes for I have all the Notetab lists going into the Junk
                      folder. But they are easy to remove.
                      Ed

                      Julie wrote:

                      > Not sure what this is... and doing a search through the member list
                      > don't see an address who this could be.
                      >
                      > Weird.
                      >
                      > Now let's see if I get something or if comcast correctly calls it as
                      > spam and doesn't let me see it!
                      >
                      > --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
                      > > Hi All,
                      > >
                      > > I need to get one of the bounce backs to study it a bit. Please
                      > > don't reply to this and the others since we are all aware now and
                      > > it is just adding a lot of mail on the lists. Please change the
                      > > Subject lines at least to what the messages are about. I'll be
                      > > looking into and Julie might already know something.
                      >

                      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
                      > click here
                      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1299kvqk5/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=1705375618:HM/EXP=1092521871/A=2164331/R=0/SIG=11eaelai9/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183351>

                    • Julie
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
                        Hi Jody,

                        I have seen addresses such as these attempt to post to the list and
                        unsubscribed them, but I didn't realize they'd gotten to the point
                        where they were sending mail to both the list address and the personal
                        email address.

                        Aye yi yi...
                        (leaving this offtopic subject behind... or going to private mail <G>)