Tidy error

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 12, 2004
      Hi everyone,
      I get the following Tidy error report. But I checked with Find Next and
      each Span Style was properly closed. Can anyone tell me why I get these
      errors? They are not there on the page.
      Ed

      line 64 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
      line 72 column 137 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
      line 87 column 183 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
      line 98 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
      line 116 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
      line 126 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
      line 136 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
      line 163 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 12, 2004
        If you have other tags within the <td></td>, make sure they are closed
        in the reverse order of the way they were opened. Could you post the
        code for one of the missing lines? It's always helps to have a look.

        --- Ed Brown <ebrown1927@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        > I get the following Tidy error report. But I checked with Find Next
        > and
        > each Span Style was properly closed. Can anyone tell me why I get
        > these
        > errors? They are not there on the page.
        > Ed
        >
        > line 64 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
        > line 72 column 137 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
        > line 87 column 183 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
        > line 98 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
        > line 116 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
        > line 126 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
        > line 136 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
        > line 163 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 12, 2004
          On 12/8/2004 22:32, Ed Brown invited the wrath of the gods by saying:

          >Hi everyone,
          >I get the following Tidy error report. But I checked with Find Next and
          >each Span Style was properly closed. Can anyone tell me why I get these
          >errors? They are not there on the page.
          >Ed
          >
          >line 64 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
          >line 72 column 137 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
          >line 87 column 183 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
          >line 98 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
          >line 116 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
          >line 126 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
          >line 136 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>
          >line 163 column 119 - Warning: missing </span> before </td>

          It might be because WHERE the <span> was closed. I would have to have
          a look at the code to get a better idea, but generally speaking,

          --
          Marcelo de Castro Bastos
        • sisterscape
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
            I am getting an error message from the postmaster@yahoogroups.com with
            every post even though my posts are appearing correctly on the list:

            "Unable to deliver message to the following address(es)
            ntb-html@yahoogroups.com.

            Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have an
            account"

            This started at the same time as the confirmation spam so might be
            related?

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Rudolf Horbas
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
              sisterscape wrote:

              > I am getting an error message from the postmaster@yahoogroups.com with
              > every post even though my posts are appearing correctly on the list:
              >
              > "Unable to deliver message to the following address(es)
              > ntb-html@yahoogroups.com.
              >
              > Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have an
              > account"
              >
              > This started at the same time as the confirmation spam so might be
              > related?

              Yep, x-actly the same here ...

              I'm not alone! <*sigh*>

              Seriously: This can take the fun out of the list. 'cos everytime You
              post, it's like: "Oh my god, something's wrong with my account ... Have
              I made a dumb mistake? Maybe I shouldn't post at all?"

              Well, thats how an over-considerate mind like mine sometimes ticks ;-)

              I have a strange feeling about those "failure delivery" (shouldn't this
              read "delivery failure"?) ... I've come across that Indy Library in the
              mail header before. It appears to be a MS-Library that is often abused
              for mail address harvesting bots by spammers -- check Your access logs
              or this:
              http://www.google.com/search?q=indy+library+harvesting

              Another suspicious thing in the mail header of the "failure deliveries"
              is this:

              (cox.net is an US-provider which Yahoo! probably wouldn't use -- I mean,
              they'd have their own server farms.)

              All other Yahoo! mails have the EHLO:

              I mean, _anyone_ can send a mail with
              From: postmaster@yahoogroups.com

              Can anyone with more knowledge of mail headers confirm this? Or am I
              paranoid?

              Rudi
            • sisterscape
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
                At least this junk is being routed to my bulk/spam folder but I agree,
                it is unsettling. Doesn't someone have to have access to the ntb-html
                list to generate this annoyance? Maybe a housecleaning is in order!

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Christine
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
                  I think you're on target, which is why I just set up a rule to delete that
                  languaging.

                  Thank goodness so many Spammers or virus senders have a pretty bad handle on
                  English. I delete things that offer or ask for "informations," "failure
                  delivery" "my account verifications," etc.
                  Christine
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
                    Hi All,

                    I need to get one of the bounce backs to study it a bit. Please
                    don't reply to this and the others since we are all aware now and
                    it is just adding a lot of mail on the lists. Please change the
                    Subject lines at least to what the messages are about. I'll be
                    looking into and Julie might already know something.

                    Take care,
                    Jody Adair

                    and even thou doest err some!
                    http://clean-funnies.com
                    http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
                  • Julie
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
                      Not sure what this is... and doing a search through the member list
                      don't see an address who this could be.

                      Weird.

                      Now let's see if I get something or if comcast correctly calls it as
                      spam and doesn't let me see it!

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
                        Hi Julie,

                        It was join-ezine...@... or something like that, but if you
                        go to ezine.com (?) you end up at http://emailuniverse.com/ezine-
                        tips/ whish is where the headers on my server show that some of the
                        spam comes from right after I post:

                        @...

                        Now to search for the others! If anybody has some close starting
                        dates of when you first started receiving these it would help.
                        Please reply to me at owner-ntb-html@yahoogroups.com and Julie in
                        private eMail. See her post for her eMail address.

                        or something

                        >Not sure what this is... and doing a search through the member list
                        >don't see an address who this could be.

                        Happy Topics,
                        Jody

                        The NoteTab Off-Topic List
                        All Fookes Software mailing lists:
                        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
                      • Ed Brown
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
                          I am on Comcast and get all the need your confirmation emails. So far I
                          only received one bounce back and that last week and since then no
                          more. I like Thunderbird it is a very lite package and does a decent
                          job. I have Outlook but never considered using it. In fact I know
                          nothing about it. I hope comcast leaves their spam filter off or set
                          very low. I prefer to stop my own spam. I have learned a great deal
                          today about Thunderbird (a Mozilla derivative.) and right now I need to
                          make some changes for I have all the Notetab lists going into the Junk
                          folder. But they are easy to remove.
                          Ed

                          Julie wrote:

                          > Not sure what this is... and doing a search through the member list
                          > don't see an address who this could be.
                          >
                          > Weird.
                          >
                          > Now let's see if I get something or if comcast correctly calls it as
                          > spam and doesn't let me see it!
                          >
                          > --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
                          > > Hi All,
                          > >
                          > > I need to get one of the bounce backs to study it a bit. Please
                          > > don't reply to this and the others since we are all aware now and
                          > > it is just adding a lot of mail on the lists. Please change the
                          > > Subject lines at least to what the messages are about. I'll be
                          > > looking into and Julie might already know something.
                          >

                          > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
                          > click here
                          > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1299kvqk5/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=1705375618:HM/EXP=1092521871/A=2164331/R=0/SIG=11eaelai9/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183351>

                        • Julie
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 13, 2004
                            Hi Jody,

                            I have seen addresses such as these attempt to post to the list and
                            unsubscribed them, but I didn't realize they'd gotten to the point
                            where they were sending mail to both the list address and the personal
                            email address.

                            Aye yi yi...
                            (leaving this offtopic subject behind... or going to private mail <G>)