Re: [NH] Re: [NTO] new page up Was NTO now ntb-html

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 12, 2004
      Cory Nelson keeps a Windows build set (usually the most current
      available) on his page, at:
      http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html
      There are a number of different special-purpose versions of Tidy there.
      The one you want is the first, the "command-line EXE" one.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
      I tried getting this but all the US Mirrors are now redirects to the
      server main pages, or behind members only walls.
      --
      ~~

      Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

      "Just the facts, maam."
      Sgt. Joe Friday,
      LAPD Badge #714
    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 12, 2004
        Got it, Thanks!!
        --
        ~~

        Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

        "Just the facts, maam."
        Sgt. Joe Friday,
        LAPD Badge #714
      • Ed Brown
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 12, 2004
          Jeff,
          Mine downloaded very easily from where I clicked on it. I did not even
          try any of the mirrors.
          Ed
          Jeff Scism wrote:

          > Cory Nelson keeps a Windows build set (usually the most current
          > available) on his page, at:
          > http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html
          > There are a number of different special-purpose versions of Tidy there.
          > The one you want is the first, the "command-line EXE" one.
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
          > I tried getting this but all the US Mirrors are now redirects to the
          > server main pages, or behind members only walls.
          > --
          > ~~
          >
          > Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG
          >
          > "Just the facts, maam."
          > Sgt. Joe Friday,
          > LAPD Badge #714
          >

          > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
          > click here
          > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1297d8kdg/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=1705375618:HM/EXP=1092422392/A=2164330/R=0/SIG=11eamf8g4/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183350>

        • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 12, 2004
            On 12/8/2004 15:23, Jeff Scism invited the wrath of the gods by saying:

            >Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute
            >
            >I get this in every table created by NoteTab's wizard (html-ar clipbook)
            >
            >What specifically is HTML Tidy looking for, and how can I correct the
            >HTML Table clip to insert a "Proper" attribute?

            It's looking for a "summary" attribute. "Summary" is for tables kinda
            like "alt" is for images -- you are supposed to insert a little
            descriptive text there, saying what kind of data this table contains, in
            order to improve accessibility.

            For instance, a blind user using a text reader, would like to know what
            is this table about in order to decide if she would prefer to skip it
            entirely, instead of having to tab field by numbingly boring field
            trying to figure it out.

            Basic syntax is about the same as the "alt" and "title" attributes --
            just do something like this:

            Note that, like "alt" attributes, the lack of "summary" won't keep
            your code from validating (if it's otherwise standards-compliant, that
            is). Also, note that browsers won't render "summary" as tooltips, as
            Internet Explorer does with "alt" (which, by the way, is not
            recommended; "alt" should be used for text to be displayed INSTEAD
            of the image, such as for blind users or for people who prefer to
            disable images to speed browsing; if you want a tooltip, use "title"
            instead).

            By the way, accessibility is a very good reason to avoid using
            tables for layout. CSS does it in a much better, fluider and cleaner
            way, and doesn't get in the way of screen readers. It also works better
            with small-screen rendering agents, like cellphone and palmtop browsers.

            --
            Marcelo de Castro Bastos