[NH] Re: Mozilla FireFox as Second Browser Fails

  • radio1448
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 6, 2004
      What happens to me is every time I try to preview a page in NoteTab
      Pro in Firefox it reads the name of my file (In this case it's
      bilpic.htm) and opens a blank page and a second one doing a default
      Google search opening a web site named The Orator's Bill Page.
      http://www.theorator.com/billpage.html

      It's a Firefox thing being so closely tied with Google search.
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 6, 2004
        Hi radio1448,

        Read the following... :)

        From: "Toby Scott" <egroups@...>
        Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:30:56 -0700
        Subject: RE: [NH] Re: Mozilla FireFox as Second Browser Fails

        Sorry to be so slow. Grab the TabBrowser Extensions and
        Tabbrowser Preferences at
        http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/ and set them up to have
        all external program calls open in a new tab, rather than a new
        browser. While you are there, take a look at the 150 or so other
        extensions you can add onto Firefox. I particularly like the
        EditCSS extension which allows you to edit your CSS file on the
        fly and display the results live.

        The reason different people have different results is that
        browser calls from external programs (such as NTP) are user-
        configurable.

        Hope this helps.

        Toby Scott

        >> The behavior I get is NoteTab attempts to open the FireFox
        >> browser and I get two tabs: <<

        >What happens to me is every time I try to preview a page in NoteTab
        >Pro in Firefox it reads the name of my file (In this case it's
        >bilpic.htm) and opens a blank page and a second one doing a default
        >Google search opening a web site named The Orator's Bill Page.
        >http://www.theorator.com/billpage.html
        >
        >It's a Firefox thing being so closely tied with Google search.

        Happy html'n!

        www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com