Re: [NH] Browser Locks up computer

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
      Hi Ed,

      The lockup problem seemed to have been fixed awhile back and has
      started again on some isolated machines. I don't know what has
      happened to cause it, but I think it is external to NoteTab. You
      can go through the basics though of configuring the browser(s)
      under the Internet tab in Options. If your browsers.dat file
      found in NoteTab's main folder is not the default, you might want
      to delete it and see what happens after you restart NoteTab. If
      you install NoteTab again to the same location the file will be
      installed again.

      There's been some nasty adware/spyware going around that is
      picked up at certain web sites. You might try getting some of the
      adware removal tools and run that to see if it fixes the problem.
      I don't want to cause a lot of posts about what adware removal
      tools to get, but you might search for "lavasoft" and get theirs
      to try. Check out the NoteTab Off Topic list for more information
      and links for that sort of software. You might try using two of
      them.

      either of the links below. We use yahoogroups for the lists.
      Please read the following if you decide to sign up!

      If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do *not*
      post questions about NoteTab Clips and other scripting languages
      (such as RegExp, Perl, CGI, etc.) on the NoteTab Basic list.

      are for discussion of those programs.

      are a lot more flexible, for instance, Clips can be and are
      welcomed on the HTML list. Thanks!!!

      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      The NoteTabbers Assistant Page

      http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home ;) Thanks!

      >After completing a page, I check it for flaws using F8 or clicking on the
      >icon for viewing in the browser. Immediately it locks up and I have close
      >NoteTab. I am using XP Pro.

      Take care,
      Jody Adair

      and even thou doest err some!