Browser Locks up computer

  • Edward Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
      After completing a page, I check it for flaws using F8 or clicking on the
      icon for viewing in the browser. Immediately it locks up and I have close
      NoteTab. I am using XP Pro. As long as I remember to save it first, it is
      not as bad as it could be. But I really need to view the page before I FTP
      it to the host. This happened once a long time ago. I have saved most all
      the posts and I cannot find the answer in my files. Perhaps it is in the
      archives, if I only knew how to find those.
      Thanks
      Ed
      At first I thought it was love, then I thought it was money......but now
      that I'm older, I realize that prune juice is the key to happiness.

      ~unknown
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
        Hi Ed,

        The lockup problem seemed to have been fixed awhile back and has
        started again on some isolated machines. I don't know what has
        happened to cause it, but I think it is external to NoteTab. You
        can go through the basics though of configuring the browser(s)
        under the Internet tab in Options. If your browsers.dat file
        found in NoteTab's main folder is not the default, you might want
        to delete it and see what happens after you restart NoteTab. If
        you install NoteTab again to the same location the file will be
        installed again.

        There's been some nasty adware/spyware going around that is
        picked up at certain web sites. You might try getting some of the
        adware removal tools and run that to see if it fixes the problem.
        I don't want to cause a lot of posts about what adware removal
        tools to get, but you might search for "lavasoft" and get theirs
        to try. Check out the NoteTab Off Topic list for more information
        and links for that sort of software. You might try using two of
        them.

        either of the links below. We use yahoogroups for the lists.
        Please read the following if you decide to sign up!

        If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do *not*
        post questions about NoteTab Clips and other scripting languages
        (such as RegExp, Perl, CGI, etc.) on the NoteTab Basic list.

        are for discussion of those programs.

        are a lot more flexible, for instance, Clips can be and are
        welcomed on the HTML list. Thanks!!!

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page

        http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home ;) Thanks!

        >After completing a page, I check it for flaws using F8 or clicking on the
        >icon for viewing in the browser. Immediately it locks up and I have close
        >NoteTab. I am using XP Pro.

        Take care,
        Jody Adair

        and even thou doest err some!