Re: [NH] Browser problem

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2004
      are you saving it under the .htm or .html extension?

      --
      ``

      Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

      Genealogy is the art of the living haunting the dead,
      If we persist perhaps they will become annoyed
      and tell us what REALLY happened.
      ~~~~
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 8, 2004
        john buchanan wrote:

        > Dear Notetab Gurus,
        >
        > I have a web page designed and partially written which I can call up on my internal browser, and it appears exactly as it would if I transferred it to my ISP's computer for transmission to the Web. However, when I try to call up the new web page I am designing as its replacement (I want to keep the old one active and not "saved," so I can reinstate it in my ISP's computer if something goes wrong with the second page--I have not transmitted either one to my ISP's computer, because I am still learning the process), what I see in the browser (both the original and the "alternate") is nothing but black html verbiage--in other words, I cannot for the life of me call up what my new page will actually look like when I transfer it to my ISP.
        >
        > What am I doing wrong?
        >
        > HELP!
        >
        > John

        Best to always make a backup before starting something new.
        I often make a page and call it "new" like index_new.html for testing
        and when it is good I might rename the existing one index_old.html
        and then rename index_new.html to simply index.html.

        If you post your url, we can see what the problem is.
      • Dart Chris
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 23, 2004
          Hi,

          It is now 2 weeks since I received anything from NoteTab lists. Has
          something gone wrong somewhere?

          Chris Dart

          _____

          are you saving it under the .htm or .html extension?

          --
          ``

          Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

          Genealogy is the art of the living haunting the dead,
          If we persist perhaps they will become annoyed
          and tell us what REALLY happened.
          ~~~~

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=1299pd6t7/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups
          /S=1705375618:HM/EXP=1086652410/A=2164330/R=0/SIG=11eamf8g4/*http:/www.netfl
          ix.com/Default?mqso=60183350> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
          :HM/A=2164330/rand=368939712>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Neil Felton
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 23, 2004
            I'm receiving you load and clear Chris. It has been quiet....
            Neil
            > It is now 2 weeks since I received anything from NoteTab lists. Has
            > something gone wrong somewhere?
            >

            > Chris Dart
            >

            > _____

          • felix peregrino
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 23, 2004
              On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:11:47 +0200
              Dart Chris <c.dart@...> wrote:

              > It is now 2 weeks since I received anything from NoteTab lists. Has
              > something gone wrong somewhere?

              It's been all over the tech news that Yahoo has been having server problems. It's happened before. Obviously the Venus crossing made all it's IT managers fall deeply in love with complete strangers and ignore their duties and responsibilities. It's about time. LOL

              felix
              http://home.earthlink.net/~fe1ix/
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 23, 2004
                Hi Dart,

                >It is now 2 weeks since I received anything from NoteTab lists.
                >Has something gone wrong somewhere?

                Mail has been coming in fairly regularly although some lists
                don't have many messages going to them. I've seen posts to at
                least NTB, NH, EzI, ntb-clips, NTO, and a private one that I'm
                on for the past few days anyway.

                <http://www.clean-funnies.com/>Fun Days!
                Jody Adair

                <http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home>Easy Thumbnails (free): Subscribe, Options