Browser problem

  • john buchanan
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2004
      Dear Notetab Gurus,

      I have a web page designed and partially written which I can call up on my internal browser, and it appears exactly as it would if I transferred it to my ISP's computer for transmission to the Web. However, when I try to call up the new web page I am designing as its replacement (I want to keep the old one active and not "saved," so I can reinstate it in my ISP's computer if something goes wrong with the second page--I have not transmitted either one to my ISP's computer, because I am still learning the process), what I see in the browser (both the original and the "alternate") is nothing but black html verbiage--in other words, I cannot for the life of me call up what my new page will actually look like when I transfer it to my ISP.

      What am I doing wrong?

      HELP!

      John

    • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 6, 2004
        On 6/6/2004 19:55, john buchanan invited the wrath of the gods by saying:

        >Dear Notetab Gurus,
        >
        >I have a web page designed and partially written which I can call up on my internal browser, and it appears exactly as it would if I transferred it to my ISP's computer for transmission to the Web. However, when I try to call up the new web page I am designing as its replacement (I want to keep the old one active and not "saved," so I can reinstate it in my ISP's computer if something goes wrong with the second page--I have not transmitted either one to my ISP's computer, because I am still learning the process), what I see in the browser (both the original and the "alternate") is nothing but black html verbiage--in other words, I cannot for the life of me call up what my new page will actually look like when I transfer it to my ISP.
        >
        >What am I doing wrong?

        Seems to me that there is something wrong with the headings of your new
        page. Have you tried running it through HTMLTidy?

        --
        Marcelo de Castro Bastos
        -=-=-
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 6, 2004
          are you saving it under the .htm or .html extension?

          --
          ``

          Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

          Genealogy is the art of the living haunting the dead,
          If we persist perhaps they will become annoyed
          and tell us what REALLY happened.
          ~~~~
        • Don - htmlfixit.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 8, 2004
            john buchanan wrote:

            > Dear Notetab Gurus,
            >
            > I have a web page designed and partially written which I can call up on my internal browser, and it appears exactly as it would if I transferred it to my ISP's computer for transmission to the Web. However, when I try to call up the new web page I am designing as its replacement (I want to keep the old one active and not "saved," so I can reinstate it in my ISP's computer if something goes wrong with the second page--I have not transmitted either one to my ISP's computer, because I am still learning the process), what I see in the browser (both the original and the "alternate") is nothing but black html verbiage--in other words, I cannot for the life of me call up what my new page will actually look like when I transfer it to my ISP.
            >
            > What am I doing wrong?
            >
            > HELP!
            >
            > John

            Best to always make a backup before starting something new.
            I often make a page and call it "new" like index_new.html for testing
            and when it is good I might rename the existing one index_old.html
            and then rename index_new.html to simply index.html.

            If you post your url, we can see what the problem is.
          • Dart Chris
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 23, 2004
              Hi,

              It is now 2 weeks since I received anything from NoteTab lists. Has
              something gone wrong somewhere?

              Chris Dart

              _____

              are you saving it under the .htm or .html extension?

              --
              ``

              Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

              Genealogy is the art of the living haunting the dead,
              If we persist perhaps they will become annoyed
              and tell us what REALLY happened.
              ~~~~

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=1299pd6t7/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups
              /S=1705375618:HM/EXP=1086652410/A=2164330/R=0/SIG=11eamf8g4/*http:/www.netfl
              ix.com/Default?mqso=60183350> click here

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
              :HM/A=2164330/rand=368939712>

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Neil Felton
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 23, 2004
                I'm receiving you load and clear Chris. It has been quiet....
                Neil
                > It is now 2 weeks since I received anything from NoteTab lists. Has
                > something gone wrong somewhere?
                >

                > Chris Dart
                >

                > _____

              • felix peregrino
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 23, 2004
                  On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:11:47 +0200
                  Dart Chris <c.dart@...> wrote:

                  > It is now 2 weeks since I received anything from NoteTab lists. Has
                  > something gone wrong somewhere?

                  It's been all over the tech news that Yahoo has been having server problems. It's happened before. Obviously the Venus crossing made all it's IT managers fall deeply in love with complete strangers and ignore their duties and responsibilities. It's about time. LOL

                  felix
                  http://home.earthlink.net/~fe1ix/
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 23, 2004
                    Hi Dart,

                    >It is now 2 weeks since I received anything from NoteTab lists.
                    >Has something gone wrong somewhere?

                    Mail has been coming in fairly regularly although some lists
                    don't have many messages going to them. I've seen posts to at
                    least NTB, NH, EzI, ntb-clips, NTO, and a private one that I'm
                    on for the past few days anyway.

                    <http://www.clean-funnies.com/>Fun Days!
                    Jody Adair

                    <http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home>Easy Thumbnails (free): Subscribe, Options